Unlucky Royston lose out
Royston Ladies 2 Letchworth Ladies II 3 UNBEATEN Letchworth visited the Crows at the weekend and Royston were unlucky not to have shared the spoils. Royston knew from the off that this was going to be their most difficult game to date and with only three
Royston Ladies 2
Letchworth Ladies II 3
UNBEATEN Letchworth visited the Crows at the weekend and Royston were unlucky not to have shared the spoils.
Royston knew from the off that this was going to be their most difficult game to date and with only three minute played Letchworth had earned two short corners, one of which they converted to score their first goal.
You may also want to watch:
Royston played defensively in the first half and keeper Mel Harding must have a large chest of drawers at home because out of the top one she produced a number of quality saves early on to keep her team in it.
Despite some good defending by Royston, Letchworth went 2-0 up and then added a third not long after, but Royston weren't for giving up and Kirsty Penfold made it 3-1 at half time.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 10 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
An inspired half time team talk sent Royston out with a determination to pull the game back and they were able to thwart Letchworth's advances and push them back deep into their own half.
They clawed a goal back when player-of-the-match Kirsty McKenzie teed up Royston's unmarked captain Martine Powley who shot the ball straight through the keeper's pads to make it 2-1.
Royston continued to push on but were unable to find an equaliser despite their pressure.