United firmly on course for promotion
Royston United 5
Steeple Morden Reserves 1
BIS Division 5B
ROYSTON UNITED continued with their 100 per cent start to the season with a convincing win against basement side Steeple Morden Reserves.
However after the first 25 minutes you would have thought the table was upside down as Steeple Morden started the better team and took the lead.
It took United until the 30th minute to level things up with a well taken goal by Man of the Match Will Dacey. It was Dacey who set up the second goal which left Graeme Tiffin with a tap in.
Although at half time Royston were in front, the management team were far from happy and let the boys know it.
- 1 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 2 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 3 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 4 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 5 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 8 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 9 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
And they started to step up the pace and took control of the game and another well taken goal from Dacey confirmed all three points.
The goals didn’t stop, though, and Charlie Stafford and defender Andrew Kirkpatrick added the gloss to the final scoreline before the final whistle.