United firmly on course for promotion
Royston United 5
Steeple Morden Reserves 1
BIS Division 5B
ROYSTON UNITED continued with their 100 per cent start to the season with a convincing win against basement side Steeple Morden Reserves.
However after the first 25 minutes you would have thought the table was upside down as Steeple Morden started the better team and took the lead.
You may also want to watch:
It took United until the 30th minute to level things up with a well taken goal by Man of the Match Will Dacey. It was Dacey who set up the second goal which left Graeme Tiffin with a tap in.
Although at half time Royston were in front, the management team were far from happy and let the boys know it.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
And they started to step up the pace and took control of the game and another well taken goal from Dacey confirmed all three points.
The goals didn’t stop, though, and Charlie Stafford and defender Andrew Kirkpatrick added the gloss to the final scoreline before the final whistle.