United and Letchworth share the spoils
Biggleswade United 2 Letchworth 2 Under-16s Division One BIGGLESWADE United gave away a two goal lead and only a couple of top class saves from Josh Mason allowed them to come away with a well earned point. United started the game with a real flourish and
Biggleswade United 2 Letchworth 2
Under-16s Division One
BIGGLESWADE United gave away a two goal lead and only a couple of top class saves from Josh Mason allowed them to come away with a well earned point.
United started the game with a real flourish and it soon became clear that the Letchworth tactics were to chip the ball over the home defence and rely on the speed of their two quick strikers.
You may also want to watch:
This caused the United defenders real problems and a superb one handed save from Mason and a goal line clearance from Lewis Nergaard kept their opponents at bay in the first 20 minutes.
It was United who took the lead when from a Jake Wallace corner Carl Heath bundled the ball into the net.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 5 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
Two minutes later a powerful shot from Aaron Kersey was only partly held by the 'keeper and Ryan Humphrey followed up to put United 2-0 up but 10 minutes from the interval the Letchworth's tactics paid off and Mason had no chance as the away side made it 2-1.
In an evenly balanced second half both sides kept up the pressure and there were some good chances at both ends.
Only some good goalkeeping prevented the score changing before Letchworth found their way through to level the score at 2-2.
Two minutes before the end United managed to get the ball in the net for what was thought to be the winner only to see it disallowed.
Biggleswade squad: Mason, Nergaard, Clark, Brown, Larter, Adams, Brown, Stagg, Wallace, Welsh, Kersey, Lombari, Heath, Humphrey, Stevens, Pilling.