United and Letchworth share the spoils
Biggleswade United 2 Letchworth 2 Under-16s Division One BIGGLESWADE United gave away a two goal lead and only a couple of top class saves from Josh Mason allowed them to come away with a well earned point. United started the game with a real flourish and
Biggleswade United 2 Letchworth 2
Under-16s Division One
BIGGLESWADE United gave away a two goal lead and only a couple of top class saves from Josh Mason allowed them to come away with a well earned point.
United started the game with a real flourish and it soon became clear that the Letchworth tactics were to chip the ball over the home defence and rely on the speed of their two quick strikers.
You may also want to watch:
This caused the United defenders real problems and a superb one handed save from Mason and a goal line clearance from Lewis Nergaard kept their opponents at bay in the first 20 minutes.
It was United who took the lead when from a Jake Wallace corner Carl Heath bundled the ball into the net.
- 1 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 2 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 8 Tribute to beloved mum, friend and artist Debbie Horabin
- 9 Political row over South Cambs new town proposal
- 10 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people
Two minutes later a powerful shot from Aaron Kersey was only partly held by the 'keeper and Ryan Humphrey followed up to put United 2-0 up but 10 minutes from the interval the Letchworth's tactics paid off and Mason had no chance as the away side made it 2-1.
In an evenly balanced second half both sides kept up the pressure and there were some good chances at both ends.
Only some good goalkeeping prevented the score changing before Letchworth found their way through to level the score at 2-2.
Two minutes before the end United managed to get the ball in the net for what was thought to be the winner only to see it disallowed.
Biggleswade squad: Mason, Nergaard, Clark, Brown, Larter, Adams, Brown, Stagg, Wallace, Welsh, Kersey, Lombari, Heath, Humphrey, Stevens, Pilling.