Underwood and Gathercole seal win for Royston
Royston Ladies 2 Chess Valley 0 ROYSTON dominated the game from the beginning and were unlucky not to convert any of the numerous chances they had in the first half. After the break Royston continued to control the game and Denise Underwood converted one
Royston Ladies 2 Chess Valley 0
ROYSTON dominated the game from the beginning and were unlucky not to convert any of the numerous chances they had in the first half.
After the break Royston continued to control the game and Denise Underwood converted one of the many short corners Royston had, giving her side the lead.
Royston's defence remained strong throughout, barely letting their opposition into their half and they extended their lead when Sophie Gathercole put away another short corner after she and Ruth Askham had linked up with a zigzag around the defence.
Royston Ladies II 0 Shefford and Sandy III 5
THIS was a tough game for Royston, with a weakened team, and they went down 5-0.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 5 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 6 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 7 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 8 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 9 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
Royston Ladies III 0 Blueharts III 4
THE Ladies' third team knew this was going to be a hard match and their defence had their work cut out during the whole game.
Sarah Holland, Jo Pearce, Karen Mckay and Hellene Ross all battled well at the back along with youngsters Emma Whitaker and Charlotte Joyce who played their part.
The Ladies had their chances and the forward line of Heather Polge, Leanne Keane, Harriet Johnson and Jess Woodhouse all tried hard to try and get some goals back but unfortunately it was not the Ladies' day.