Under-sevens win five out of six
ROYSTON Rugby Club s Under-sevens put in some outstanding performances on Sunday morning to win five out of their six matches against visiting teams from Biggleswade and Hitchin. Great teamwork in defence and attack led to a collection of tries from Camer
ROYSTON Rugby Club's Under-sevens put in some outstanding performances on Sunday morning to win five out of their six matches against visiting teams from Biggleswade and Hitchin.
Great teamwork in defence and attack led to a collection of tries from Cameron King, Alfie Pocock, and Reece Worby and valuable points were also added by first time scorers Charlie Tarpy, Harry Bolt, and Max Jenkins.
It was an uplifting and positive end to the year for the team as the squad continue to move from strength to strength.
It is now looking forward to the second half of the season after what will be a well earned Christmas break.
You may also want to watch:
Royston Under-nines also hosted sides from Biggleswade and Hitchin on the Heath at the weekend.
Royston White Hoops won a hard fought game against Biggleswade while Royston Black Hoops lost to a very well drilled Hitchin side.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
The last game saw a mixed Royston team beat Biggleswade.
The players of the day were Sam Fuller and George Adam who were praised for some outstanding tackling.
This week the team will be training on the Heath at 10.30am weather permitting.