Under-sevens win five out of six
ROYSTON Rugby Club s Under-sevens put in some outstanding performances on Sunday morning to win five out of their six matches against visiting teams from Biggleswade and Hitchin. Great teamwork in defence and attack led to a collection of tries from Camer
ROYSTON Rugby Club's Under-sevens put in some outstanding performances on Sunday morning to win five out of their six matches against visiting teams from Biggleswade and Hitchin.
Great teamwork in defence and attack led to a collection of tries from Cameron King, Alfie Pocock, and Reece Worby and valuable points were also added by first time scorers Charlie Tarpy, Harry Bolt, and Max Jenkins.
It was an uplifting and positive end to the year for the team as the squad continue to move from strength to strength.
It is now looking forward to the second half of the season after what will be a well earned Christmas break.
Royston Under-nines also hosted sides from Biggleswade and Hitchin on the Heath at the weekend.
Royston White Hoops won a hard fought game against Biggleswade while Royston Black Hoops lost to a very well drilled Hitchin side.
- 1 School to make 'wide-ranging changes' following Ofsted inspection
- 2 Fowlmere residents voice objections to housing development
- 3 Kite Festival set to return to Royston next month
- 4 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 5 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 6 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 7 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 8 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 10 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
The last game saw a mixed Royston team beat Biggleswade.
The players of the day were Sam Fuller and George Adam who were praised for some outstanding tackling.
This week the team will be training on the Heath at 10.30am weather permitting.