Under-12s unable to hold off Shelford
Shelford v Royston (under-12s) KITTED out in their newly sponsored jerseys thanks to Jonathan Berk Tax Assist Accountants Royston, the young players from Royston headed to Shelford for their first outing of the season. A keenly contested match on a hard p
Shelford v Royston (under-12s)
KITTED out in their newly sponsored jerseys thanks to Jonathan Berk Tax Assist Accountants Royston, the young players from Royston headed to Shelford for their first outing of the season.
A keenly contested match on a hard pitch saw Royston on the back foot from the off and the Shelford side displayed better rucking and mauling in the first 10 minutes which saw them blow out to a 26 nil lead half way through the first half.
Royston's strong defence from James Kirby, John Busher and Charlie Capewell (who was playing his first game of rugby) stopped the scoreboard ticking over for Shelford and the last five minutes saw Royston with more possession and Ben Ireland broke the line to cross over for Royston's first and only try.
You may also want to watch:
The second half saw Royston come out a different side after a few positional changes had been made, with Max Ayliffe moving back into the forwards.
The move seemed to give the pack more drive and stability and this combined with great rucking and mauling from Sam Bonfield and Aiden Greenwood saw the Royston pack get on top of their opponents.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 6 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
The forwards were complemented by another fierce display from the Royston Backline. Shelford were unable to cross the line and the score remained Shelford 26 Royston 7.