Under-12s unable to hold off Shelford
Shelford v Royston (under-12s) KITTED out in their newly sponsored jerseys thanks to Jonathan Berk Tax Assist Accountants Royston, the young players from Royston headed to Shelford for their first outing of the season. A keenly contested match on a hard p
Shelford v Royston (under-12s)
KITTED out in their newly sponsored jerseys thanks to Jonathan Berk Tax Assist Accountants Royston, the young players from Royston headed to Shelford for their first outing of the season.
A keenly contested match on a hard pitch saw Royston on the back foot from the off and the Shelford side displayed better rucking and mauling in the first 10 minutes which saw them blow out to a 26 nil lead half way through the first half.
Royston's strong defence from James Kirby, John Busher and Charlie Capewell (who was playing his first game of rugby) stopped the scoreboard ticking over for Shelford and the last five minutes saw Royston with more possession and Ben Ireland broke the line to cross over for Royston's first and only try.
The second half saw Royston come out a different side after a few positional changes had been made, with Max Ayliffe moving back into the forwards.
The move seemed to give the pack more drive and stability and this combined with great rucking and mauling from Sam Bonfield and Aiden Greenwood saw the Royston pack get on top of their opponents.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 3 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 4 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 5 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 6 Councillors take the plunge to raise money for Home-Start
- 7 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 8 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 9 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 10 Royston drama group CADS wins new play award for The Blonde Bombshell at Welwyn festival
The forwards were complemented by another fierce display from the Royston Backline. Shelford were unable to cross the line and the score remained Shelford 26 Royston 7.