Under-12s unable to hold off Shelford
Shelford v Royston (under-12s) KITTED out in their newly sponsored jerseys thanks to Jonathan Berk Tax Assist Accountants Royston, the young players from Royston headed to Shelford for their first outing of the season. A keenly contested match on a hard p
Shelford v Royston (under-12s)
KITTED out in their newly sponsored jerseys thanks to Jonathan Berk Tax Assist Accountants Royston, the young players from Royston headed to Shelford for their first outing of the season.
A keenly contested match on a hard pitch saw Royston on the back foot from the off and the Shelford side displayed better rucking and mauling in the first 10 minutes which saw them blow out to a 26 nil lead half way through the first half.
Royston's strong defence from James Kirby, John Busher and Charlie Capewell (who was playing his first game of rugby) stopped the scoreboard ticking over for Shelford and the last five minutes saw Royston with more possession and Ben Ireland broke the line to cross over for Royston's first and only try.
You may also want to watch:
The second half saw Royston come out a different side after a few positional changes had been made, with Max Ayliffe moving back into the forwards.
The move seemed to give the pack more drive and stability and this combined with great rucking and mauling from Sam Bonfield and Aiden Greenwood saw the Royston pack get on top of their opponents.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 3 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 4 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 5 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 8 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
The forwards were complemented by another fierce display from the Royston Backline. Shelford were unable to cross the line and the score remained Shelford 26 Royston 7.