U18s move into County Cup quarter finals
Hertford Town U18s 0 Royston Town U18s 4
ROYSTON TOWN’S youth team progressed to quarter finals of the County Cup at the weekend with a grafting victory in difficult conditions away at Hertford Town.
A small, poor and uneven pitch in difficult swirling winds gave the players difficult problems but Royston largely controlled this game and could have won the game by a bigger margin.
They opened the scoring in just the third minute when Luke Hennessey’s low cross was miss-kicked into his own net by a defender.
George Duffin hit a post and a number of other chances missed the target before Ryan Webb hooked a shot into the net from an acute angle after the ‘keeper was caught off his line.
You may also want to watch:
Just before half time Duffin raced onto Webb’s through ball and passed his shot into the net to give the Crows a healthy three-goal lead at the break.
The second half became more difficult as the wind got stronger but Royston created the better chances. The home ‘keeper saved well from Ryan Webb on two occasions and the same player also had a drive hit the crossbar.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
The scoring was completed late on by Jordan Spencer who turned Hennessey’s cross in from close range.