U18s move into County Cup quarter finals
Hertford Town U18s 0 Royston Town U18s 4
ROYSTON TOWN’S youth team progressed to quarter finals of the County Cup at the weekend with a grafting victory in difficult conditions away at Hertford Town.
A small, poor and uneven pitch in difficult swirling winds gave the players difficult problems but Royston largely controlled this game and could have won the game by a bigger margin.
They opened the scoring in just the third minute when Luke Hennessey’s low cross was miss-kicked into his own net by a defender.
George Duffin hit a post and a number of other chances missed the target before Ryan Webb hooked a shot into the net from an acute angle after the ‘keeper was caught off his line.
You may also want to watch:
Just before half time Duffin raced onto Webb’s through ball and passed his shot into the net to give the Crows a healthy three-goal lead at the break.
The second half became more difficult as the wind got stronger but Royston created the better chances. The home ‘keeper saved well from Ryan Webb on two occasions and the same player also had a drive hit the crossbar.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'
The scoring was completed late on by Jordan Spencer who turned Hennessey’s cross in from close range.