U18s move into County Cup quarter finals
Hertford Town U18s 0 Royston Town U18s 4
ROYSTON TOWN’S youth team progressed to quarter finals of the County Cup at the weekend with a grafting victory in difficult conditions away at Hertford Town.
A small, poor and uneven pitch in difficult swirling winds gave the players difficult problems but Royston largely controlled this game and could have won the game by a bigger margin.
They opened the scoring in just the third minute when Luke Hennessey’s low cross was miss-kicked into his own net by a defender.
George Duffin hit a post and a number of other chances missed the target before Ryan Webb hooked a shot into the net from an acute angle after the ‘keeper was caught off his line.
Just before half time Duffin raced onto Webb’s through ball and passed his shot into the net to give the Crows a healthy three-goal lead at the break.
The second half became more difficult as the wind got stronger but Royston created the better chances. The home ‘keeper saved well from Ryan Webb on two occasions and the same player also had a drive hit the crossbar.
- 1 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 2 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 3 Let's go fly a kite as festival returns after two years
- 4 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 5 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 6 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 7 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 10 20 Ukrainian medical students begin placements at Addenbrooke’s
The scoring was completed late on by Jordan Spencer who turned Hennessey’s cross in from close range.