U13s thrash Stags
ROYSTON RFC U13s recorded a resounding 44-0 victory over Huntingdon Stags on the Heath on Sunday.
The home team were excellent throughout and George Howard started the ball rolling with the first try after a couple of minutes.
It was soon 10-0 when James Shannon caught the ball from the restart and weaved his way through the flimsy Huntingdon defence to score a 60-metre try under the posts. Ben Ireland was unsuccessful with the kick.
The tackling from Royston’s backline was a highlight of the game, particularly from Rhys Redrup, Maxwell Ayliffe and Charlie Capewell.
Tom Parry and James Reeder were unstoppable throughout and their strong rucking and Mauling led to the home side running in another two tries, one from Ireland and another by George Howard.
You may also want to watch:
It was more of the same after the break with Royston’s forwards, Tyler Boyne and Aiden Greenwood dominating the visitors’ pack. Royston Scored another four tries and successfully converted two.
This week Royston are at home to Harlow with an 11am kick-off.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?