U13s thrash Stags
ROYSTON RFC U13s recorded a resounding 44-0 victory over Huntingdon Stags on the Heath on Sunday.
The home team were excellent throughout and George Howard started the ball rolling with the first try after a couple of minutes.
It was soon 10-0 when James Shannon caught the ball from the restart and weaved his way through the flimsy Huntingdon defence to score a 60-metre try under the posts. Ben Ireland was unsuccessful with the kick.
The tackling from Royston’s backline was a highlight of the game, particularly from Rhys Redrup, Maxwell Ayliffe and Charlie Capewell.
Tom Parry and James Reeder were unstoppable throughout and their strong rucking and Mauling led to the home side running in another two tries, one from Ireland and another by George Howard.
You may also want to watch:
It was more of the same after the break with Royston’s forwards, Tyler Boyne and Aiden Greenwood dominating the visitors’ pack. Royston Scored another four tries and successfully converted two.
This week Royston are at home to Harlow with an 11am kick-off.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms