U13s go down at Cambridge
Royston gear up for semi-final with defeat
Cambridge U13s 46
Royston U13s 19
ROYSTON U13s warmed up for their Cambridge Cup semi-final at Peterborough on Sunday with a hard-fought defeat to Cambridge.
You may also want to watch:
Royston’s pack played brilliantly to contain Cambridge’s eager forwards but after the sin-binning of Eddie Twyman, Cambridge’s superior numbers began to mount up the points. Rhys Redrup scored a try to the make the half-time score 15-5 to Cambridge and despite tries from skipper Jacob Boyce and the reinstated Eddie Twyman, both converted by Ben Ireland, Cambridge’s policy of using replacements galore reaped dividends as the much fresher home side notched up the points.
Everybody connected with the club would like to wish George Howard a speedy recovery after he was taken to hospital with a serious ankle injury.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms