Two points dropped for Foxton
Castle Camps 2 Foxton 2 FOXTON travelled to Castle Camps looking to extend their recent run of wins but faced a difficult tie with their opponents on a high following a 1-0 win over league leaders west Wratting in their last game. But if Andy Cambridge s
Castle Camps 2 Foxton 2
FOXTON travelled to Castle Camps looking to extend their recent run of wins but faced a difficult tie with their opponents on a high following a 1-0 win over league leaders west Wratting in their last game.
But if Andy Cambridge's side still had any doubts before the game about their opponents they were quickly given a wake up call as Camps hit the side netting in the opening exchanges.
After the early scare Foxton began to pass the ball around at a quicker tempo and deserved to go into the lead on 10 minutes when Adam Fields was put through on goal before lobbing the oncoming keeper from just outside the area.
You may also want to watch:
They doubled their lead 10 minutes later when Carlow Lawrence had his shot saved after he was put through by Stuart Ogilvie only to see the rebound fall to Fields who converted for his second.
With the lead Foxton went from dominating the game to playing some sloppy football and they were punished for a lack of concentration at the back when no-one took responsibility for a simple ball into their box and the ball was pounced on by Camps who duly scored.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
Foxton had a chance to restore their two goal advantage after the break but the normally reliable Matt Hayden hit over from just five yards, and on 65 minutes the hosts equalised when Foxton again failed to clear their lines.
As the game continued both teams went close but neither could find the breakthrough and with the game ending 2-2 Foxton were left frustrated at two vital points dropped.
Foxton: J Chamberlain, Tokely, Ranner, Hoggarth, Margiotta, Lawrence, Ogilvie, Swinton, Wellstead, Fields, Hayden. Subs: Davenport, D Chamberlain, Williams.