Tuttle on target for Cougars
HARRY Tuttle s goal gave Cougars under-13 Blue team a share of the points against Wymondley Park. The visitors started strongly, but Cougars worked their way back into the game, with Sam Deville firing in a shot which the keeper did well to save, only to
HARRY Tuttle's goal gave Cougars under-13 Blue team a share of the points against Wymondley Park.
The visitors started strongly, but Cougars worked their way back into the game, with Sam Deville firing in a shot which the keeper did well to save, only to see Tuttle blast home the rebound.
Hitchin levelled just before the break, and although both sides had chances to add to the scoreline, the game finished 1-1.
A tight evenly fought first game saw Cougars under-nines go down 2-1 against Bedwell Rangers.
As well as playing part of the game in goal, Reece Fitzgerald scored Cougars' consolation on a morning when they deserved a share of the spoils.
The B team was a different game altogether. Charlie Owen and Reece Voller were magnificent up-front providing plenty of link-up play, and the final score of 3-1 did not reflect the effort Cougars put in.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 3 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 4 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 5 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
- 9 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 10 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
The goals came from Owen, George Woods and Thomas Burns.
Hat-trick hero Alex Curran helped Cougars to all three points in a fiercely-contested match against Stevenage Borough Reds.
After allowing a 3-0 half-time lead to disappear, Cougars rallied to wrap up a 5-3 victory, with Daniel Share and James Hughes also on target.
Jack Clark-Ward's goal proved to be only a consolation for the under-15s as they were beaten 6-1 by Albion Youth.
The under-eights kicked off their season with two strong performances away to Bedwell Rangers Youth.
The Blues took an early lead against Bedwell A with a great finish from Jack MecMeechan but conceded two goals from corners before half-time.
The second half was end to end and with a minute left the Blues turned defence into attack for the equalising goal thanks to a great save from Josh Wyatt, followed by a sharp pass from Connor Poulton and finished off by McMeechan for his second of the game.
The Whites were unlucky not to get a win against Bedwell B and had to settle for a 0-0 draw.
They dominated possession. thanks to strong performances from Christopher Bowell and Sam Curran.