Tuttle on target for Cougars
HARRY Tuttle s goal gave Cougars under-13 Blue team a share of the points against Wymondley Park. The visitors started strongly, but Cougars worked their way back into the game, with Sam Deville firing in a shot which the keeper did well to save, only to
HARRY Tuttle's goal gave Cougars under-13 Blue team a share of the points against Wymondley Park.
The visitors started strongly, but Cougars worked their way back into the game, with Sam Deville firing in a shot which the keeper did well to save, only to see Tuttle blast home the rebound.
Hitchin levelled just before the break, and although both sides had chances to add to the scoreline, the game finished 1-1.
A tight evenly fought first game saw Cougars under-nines go down 2-1 against Bedwell Rangers.
You may also want to watch:
As well as playing part of the game in goal, Reece Fitzgerald scored Cougars' consolation on a morning when they deserved a share of the spoils.
The B team was a different game altogether. Charlie Owen and Reece Voller were magnificent up-front providing plenty of link-up play, and the final score of 3-1 did not reflect the effort Cougars put in.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
The goals came from Owen, George Woods and Thomas Burns.
Hat-trick hero Alex Curran helped Cougars to all three points in a fiercely-contested match against Stevenage Borough Reds.
After allowing a 3-0 half-time lead to disappear, Cougars rallied to wrap up a 5-3 victory, with Daniel Share and James Hughes also on target.
Jack Clark-Ward's goal proved to be only a consolation for the under-15s as they were beaten 6-1 by Albion Youth.
The under-eights kicked off their season with two strong performances away to Bedwell Rangers Youth.
The Blues took an early lead against Bedwell A with a great finish from Jack MecMeechan but conceded two goals from corners before half-time.
The second half was end to end and with a minute left the Blues turned defence into attack for the equalising goal thanks to a great save from Josh Wyatt, followed by a sharp pass from Connor Poulton and finished off by McMeechan for his second of the game.
The Whites were unlucky not to get a win against Bedwell B and had to settle for a 0-0 draw.
They dominated possession. thanks to strong performances from Christopher Bowell and Sam Curran.