Tuttle on target for Cougars
HARRY Tuttle s goal gave Cougars under-13 Blue team a share of the points against Wymondley Park. The visitors started strongly, but Cougars worked their way back into the game, with Sam Deville firing in a shot which the keeper did well to save, only to
HARRY Tuttle's goal gave Cougars under-13 Blue team a share of the points against Wymondley Park.
The visitors started strongly, but Cougars worked their way back into the game, with Sam Deville firing in a shot which the keeper did well to save, only to see Tuttle blast home the rebound.
Hitchin levelled just before the break, and although both sides had chances to add to the scoreline, the game finished 1-1.
A tight evenly fought first game saw Cougars under-nines go down 2-1 against Bedwell Rangers.
You may also want to watch:
As well as playing part of the game in goal, Reece Fitzgerald scored Cougars' consolation on a morning when they deserved a share of the spoils.
The B team was a different game altogether. Charlie Owen and Reece Voller were magnificent up-front providing plenty of link-up play, and the final score of 3-1 did not reflect the effort Cougars put in.
- 1 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 2 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 3 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 4 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 5 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 6 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 7 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 8 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 9 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 10 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
The goals came from Owen, George Woods and Thomas Burns.
Hat-trick hero Alex Curran helped Cougars to all three points in a fiercely-contested match against Stevenage Borough Reds.
After allowing a 3-0 half-time lead to disappear, Cougars rallied to wrap up a 5-3 victory, with Daniel Share and James Hughes also on target.
Jack Clark-Ward's goal proved to be only a consolation for the under-15s as they were beaten 6-1 by Albion Youth.
The under-eights kicked off their season with two strong performances away to Bedwell Rangers Youth.
The Blues took an early lead against Bedwell A with a great finish from Jack MecMeechan but conceded two goals from corners before half-time.
The second half was end to end and with a minute left the Blues turned defence into attack for the equalising goal thanks to a great save from Josh Wyatt, followed by a sharp pass from Connor Poulton and finished off by McMeechan for his second of the game.
The Whites were unlucky not to get a win against Bedwell B and had to settle for a 0-0 draw.
They dominated possession. thanks to strong performances from Christopher Bowell and Sam Curran.