'Try your hand' day
The first beginners day of Royston & District Angling Club s season will be held at Thriplow Reservoir on Saturday. Mick Rivers of the club said: It will be open to anyone who wants to try their hand at fishing. Tackle and bait can be provided. An ex
The first beginners' day of Royston & District Angling Club's season will be held at Thriplow Reservoir on Saturday.
Mick Rivers of the club said: "It will be open to anyone who wants to try their hand at fishing. Tackle and bait can be provided."
An extraordinary general meeting will also be held in conjunction with trophy presentations at Foxton Village Hall on Monday, July 28, at 7.30pm.
An evening match was held at Thriplow on Friday, with Steve McGuire coming out on top with a catch of 12lbs 8oz. Andrea Wright came second with 11lbs 7oz, and Ryan Jarvis third with 3lbs 13oz.
The final match in the series will take place on Friday, August 1.
The PC match fished at Eternit's Orchard Pit on Sunday in conjunction with Eternit AC and Rugby Cement AC resulted in a win for Ian Palmer of Rugby with a catch of 16lbs 1oz.
- 1 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 2 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 3 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 4 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 5 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 6 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 7 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 8 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 9 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 10 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
Kelvin Stanford of Royston & Rugby was second with 6 lbs 2oz, with third place going to Eternit's Tim Lee with a catch of 5lbs 3oz.
For more club information contact Mick Rivers on 01223 870189.