Try golf - for FREE!
New initiative starting in Hertfordshire
WANNABE golfers are now being given the chance to get a head-start on the fairway after the announcement of a brand-new initiative.
The Hertfordshire Golf Partnership is running a project across Hertforshire to encourage people over the age of 16 to try golf by giving them the opportunity to play for FREE!
The initiative will be taking place at 20 venues across the county on Saturday, April 9 and Sunday April 10 – the same weekend as the opening golf major of the season in Augusta.
The sessions are ideal for adult beginners and will include a one-hour coaching session with a professional, all equipment will be provided.
The newcomers will be taught in small groups of no more than 10.
The two-hour sessions will take place at clubs which have won the national Golfmark award or are working towards it. Golfmark recognises clubs which are junior and beginner friendly.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 7 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
Ben Hartfield, the county development officer, said: “We are hoping hundreds of people will take up our offer and discover that golf is great fun and a game which can be played by people from backgrounds and of all ages and abilities.”
The venues for the sessions will be taking place at the following: Letchworth, Knebworth, Whipsnade Park, Redbourn, Harpenden Common, Aldwickbury Park; Harpenden, Little Hay, Porters Park, Batchworth Park, Manor of Groves, Mill Green, Brickendon Grange, The Hertfordshire, Bishops Stortford, East Herts and Old Fold Manor Golf Clubs plus Top Golf, Watford.
Places at each session must be pre booked and you can do this by emailing email@example.com or by calling 08081 682333. You can also check out the website for latest news at www.hertsgolf.org