Trophies and medals galore for Royston Archery Club
- Credit: Archant
It was a hugely successful trip to the Hertfordshire County Western shoot in Bishop’s Stortford for Royston Archery Club as they returned laden with medals.
In total 10 from the club competed with nine winning medals and two claiming trophies.
The competition was a Western round shot over eight dozen arrows with half being shot at 60 yards and the other half at 50 yards.
Each archer competed against others within their own classification from first to third class.
Coomaren Ventratasawny, Phil Chambers, Martin Arber and Phillipa Martin all won gold medals in their different categories while silver medals went to Deborah Martin and Alice Clark.
Bronze medals were claimed by Jamie Cattrell, Mick Sparks and Tammy Lai.
The club also won two of the overall match trophies, Ventratasawny and Chambers with a new club record score.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 5 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 6 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 7 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 8 Town's biggest employer pays tribute to late F John Smith's 'vision and commitment'
- 9 Parish councillor dies in ‘freak accident’
- 10 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre