Trophies and medals galore for Royston Archery Club
- Credit: Archant
It was a hugely successful trip to the Hertfordshire County Western shoot in Bishop’s Stortford for Royston Archery Club as they returned laden with medals.
In total 10 from the club competed with nine winning medals and two claiming trophies.
The competition was a Western round shot over eight dozen arrows with half being shot at 60 yards and the other half at 50 yards.
Each archer competed against others within their own classification from first to third class.
Coomaren Ventratasawny, Phil Chambers, Martin Arber and Phillipa Martin all won gold medals in their different categories while silver medals went to Deborah Martin and Alice Clark.
You may also want to watch:
Bronze medals were claimed by Jamie Cattrell, Mick Sparks and Tammy Lai.
The club also won two of the overall match trophies, Ventratasawny and Chambers with a new club record score.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 9 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 10 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns