Trophies and medals galore for Royston Archery Club
- Credit: Archant
It was a hugely successful trip to the Hertfordshire County Western shoot in Bishop’s Stortford for Royston Archery Club as they returned laden with medals.
In total 10 from the club competed with nine winning medals and two claiming trophies.
The competition was a Western round shot over eight dozen arrows with half being shot at 60 yards and the other half at 50 yards.
Each archer competed against others within their own classification from first to third class.
Coomaren Ventratasawny, Phil Chambers, Martin Arber and Phillipa Martin all won gold medals in their different categories while silver medals went to Deborah Martin and Alice Clark.
You may also want to watch:
Bronze medals were claimed by Jamie Cattrell, Mick Sparks and Tammy Lai.
The club also won two of the overall match trophies, Ventratasawny and Chambers with a new club record score.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 3 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes