Town vets hold on for victory
Royston Town Vets 4 Buntingford Town Vets 3 DESPITE Buntingford grabbing three second half goals, Royston did enough to hold on for victory. With Carlo Silenti, Ian King and Paul Lewis returning to the fold, a strong Royston side took the game to the vi
Royston Town Vets 4
Buntingford Town Vets 3
DESPITE Buntingford grabbing three second half goals, Royston did enough to hold on for victory.
With Carlo Silenti, Ian King and Paul Lewis returning to the fold, a strong Royston side took the game to the visitors, with Peter Leete, Jason Clark, and Kevin Barthrop going close early on.
And it was no surprise when Royston took the lead, Barthrop's cunning left-foot drive rocketing into the top corner.
Then a disputed penalty saw Lewis increase the lead following a foul on Clark.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 5 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 6 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 7 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
Midway through the half, Chris Bowers played in Lewis, who confidently lobbed the Buntingford keeper for Royston's third.
Buntingford then posted a warning sign, with Merv Chaffey having to tip a powerful free kick on to the bar.
However, moments later the visitors had their goal with a well-struck effort on the stroke of half time.
The second half action saw Buntingford pull another back, before Daryl Quinn picked out Leete for Royston's fourth.
The home side almost threw away all their hard work, however, allowing their opponents in for a third.
It was a tense final few minutes, but Royston did enough to hold on.
Royston Town Vets: Chaffey; King, Allen, Stubbs, Bowers; Quinn, Silenti, Leete, Lewis; Clark, Barthrop; McArthur, Jackson, Crowley.