Town vets hold on for victory
Royston Town Vets 4 Buntingford Town Vets 3 DESPITE Buntingford grabbing three second half goals, Royston did enough to hold on for victory. With Carlo Silenti, Ian King and Paul Lewis returning to the fold, a strong Royston side took the game to the vi
Royston Town Vets 4
Buntingford Town Vets 3
DESPITE Buntingford grabbing three second half goals, Royston did enough to hold on for victory.
With Carlo Silenti, Ian King and Paul Lewis returning to the fold, a strong Royston side took the game to the visitors, with Peter Leete, Jason Clark, and Kevin Barthrop going close early on.
You may also want to watch:
And it was no surprise when Royston took the lead, Barthrop's cunning left-foot drive rocketing into the top corner.
Then a disputed penalty saw Lewis increase the lead following a foul on Clark.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 3 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
Midway through the half, Chris Bowers played in Lewis, who confidently lobbed the Buntingford keeper for Royston's third.
Buntingford then posted a warning sign, with Merv Chaffey having to tip a powerful free kick on to the bar.
However, moments later the visitors had their goal with a well-struck effort on the stroke of half time.
The second half action saw Buntingford pull another back, before Daryl Quinn picked out Leete for Royston's fourth.
The home side almost threw away all their hard work, however, allowing their opponents in for a third.
It was a tense final few minutes, but Royston did enough to hold on.
Royston Town Vets: Chaffey; King, Allen, Stubbs, Bowers; Quinn, Silenti, Leete, Lewis; Clark, Barthrop; McArthur, Jackson, Crowley.