Town vets hold on for victory
Royston Town Vets 4 Buntingford Town Vets 3 DESPITE Buntingford grabbing three second half goals, Royston did enough to hold on for victory. With Carlo Silenti, Ian King and Paul Lewis returning to the fold, a strong Royston side took the game to the vi
Royston Town Vets 4
Buntingford Town Vets 3
DESPITE Buntingford grabbing three second half goals, Royston did enough to hold on for victory.
With Carlo Silenti, Ian King and Paul Lewis returning to the fold, a strong Royston side took the game to the visitors, with Peter Leete, Jason Clark, and Kevin Barthrop going close early on.
You may also want to watch:
And it was no surprise when Royston took the lead, Barthrop's cunning left-foot drive rocketing into the top corner.
Then a disputed penalty saw Lewis increase the lead following a foul on Clark.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 10 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
Midway through the half, Chris Bowers played in Lewis, who confidently lobbed the Buntingford keeper for Royston's third.
Buntingford then posted a warning sign, with Merv Chaffey having to tip a powerful free kick on to the bar.
However, moments later the visitors had their goal with a well-struck effort on the stroke of half time.
The second half action saw Buntingford pull another back, before Daryl Quinn picked out Leete for Royston's fourth.
The home side almost threw away all their hard work, however, allowing their opponents in for a third.
It was a tense final few minutes, but Royston did enough to hold on.
Royston Town Vets: Chaffey; King, Allen, Stubbs, Bowers; Quinn, Silenti, Leete, Lewis; Clark, Barthrop; McArthur, Jackson, Crowley.