Town to play away to Rushden and Hingham United
ROYSTON boss Paul Attfield has arranged a friendly away to Rushden and Hingham United of the United Counties League tomorrow (Saturday). The move came as Royston were not allocated another fixture by the Spartan South Midlands League after their arranged
ROYSTON boss Paul Attfield has arranged a friendly away to Rushden and Hingham United of the United Counties League tomorrow (Saturday).
The move came as Royston were not allocated another fixture by the Spartan South Midlands League after their arranged game against Cranfield United was brought forward to Tuesday, and was then cancelled altogether.
The lack of a first team fixture irritated Attfield, whose team could be faced with a fixture pile-up come the end of the season.
They have played three fewer league games than their nearest rival, second-placed Kings Langley, and are still involved in four cups.
Speaking to the Crow, Attfield said: "I'm very disappointed that we haven't got a game on this Saturday, especially with all the games we have left to play this season.
"It's important to get these games in hand played."
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
- 5 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 6 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 9 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 10 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
After speaking out about the situation with fixtures list, Attfield hopes that his players can gain some match practice before the next competitive game away at Tokyngton Manor on Tuesday.