Town to play away to Rushden and Hingham United
ROYSTON boss Paul Attfield has arranged a friendly away to Rushden and Hingham United of the United Counties League tomorrow (Saturday). The move came as Royston were not allocated another fixture by the Spartan South Midlands League after their arranged
ROYSTON boss Paul Attfield has arranged a friendly away to Rushden and Hingham United of the United Counties League tomorrow (Saturday).
The move came as Royston were not allocated another fixture by the Spartan South Midlands League after their arranged game against Cranfield United was brought forward to Tuesday, and was then cancelled altogether.
The lack of a first team fixture irritated Attfield, whose team could be faced with a fixture pile-up come the end of the season.
They have played three fewer league games than their nearest rival, second-placed Kings Langley, and are still involved in four cups.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking to the Crow, Attfield said: "I'm very disappointed that we haven't got a game on this Saturday, especially with all the games we have left to play this season.
"It's important to get these games in hand played."
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 8 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Herts libraries service could be transferred to public service mutual
After speaking out about the situation with fixtures list, Attfield hopes that his players can gain some match practice before the next competitive game away at Tokyngton Manor on Tuesday.