Town to play away to Rushden and Hingham United
ROYSTON boss Paul Attfield has arranged a friendly away to Rushden and Hingham United of the United Counties League tomorrow (Saturday). The move came as Royston were not allocated another fixture by the Spartan South Midlands League after their arranged
ROYSTON boss Paul Attfield has arranged a friendly away to Rushden and Hingham United of the United Counties League tomorrow (Saturday).
The move came as Royston were not allocated another fixture by the Spartan South Midlands League after their arranged game against Cranfield United was brought forward to Tuesday, and was then cancelled altogether.
The lack of a first team fixture irritated Attfield, whose team could be faced with a fixture pile-up come the end of the season.
They have played three fewer league games than their nearest rival, second-placed Kings Langley, and are still involved in four cups.
Speaking to the Crow, Attfield said: "I'm very disappointed that we haven't got a game on this Saturday, especially with all the games we have left to play this season.
"It's important to get these games in hand played."
- 1 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 2 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 3 Herts' 'league of extraordinary farmers' come together to fight field fires
- 4 Author AJ Campbell to publish fourth novel
- 5 Melbourn's Dan Goodfellow hails 'extra-special' Commonwealth gold
- 6 9 things to do on a day trip to Hitchin, Hertfordshire
- 7 Residents concerned 140 homes plan could cause 'ecological catastrophe'
- 8 Johnson Matthey to build £80 million 'gigafactory' in Royston
- 9 Double murderer Ian Stewart has whole life order reduced
- 10 Royston Kite Festival expected to attract thousands
After speaking out about the situation with fixtures list, Attfield hopes that his players can gain some match practice before the next competitive game away at Tokyngton Manor on Tuesday.