Town to play away to Rushden and Hingham United
ROYSTON boss Paul Attfield has arranged a friendly away to Rushden and Hingham United of the United Counties League tomorrow (Saturday). The move came as Royston were not allocated another fixture by the Spartan South Midlands League after their arranged
ROYSTON boss Paul Attfield has arranged a friendly away to Rushden and Hingham United of the United Counties League tomorrow (Saturday).
The move came as Royston were not allocated another fixture by the Spartan South Midlands League after their arranged game against Cranfield United was brought forward to Tuesday, and was then cancelled altogether.
The lack of a first team fixture irritated Attfield, whose team could be faced with a fixture pile-up come the end of the season.
They have played three fewer league games than their nearest rival, second-placed Kings Langley, and are still involved in four cups.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking to the Crow, Attfield said: "I'm very disappointed that we haven't got a game on this Saturday, especially with all the games we have left to play this season.
"It's important to get these games in hand played."
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 9 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
After speaking out about the situation with fixtures list, Attfield hopes that his players can gain some match practice before the next competitive game away at Tokyngton Manor on Tuesday.