Town's lean run comes to an end
Buntingford Town 2 Sandridge Rovers 0 GOALS from Phil Fisher and Gary Christie secured Buntingford Town s first win in seven league games. After a first-half stalemate, Fisher netted his 16th goal of the season with a brilliant 25-yard chip, before the
Buntingford Town 2 Sandridge Rovers 0
GOALS from Phil Fisher and Gary Christie secured Buntingford Town's first win in seven league games.
After a first-half stalemate, Fisher netted his 16th goal of the season with a brilliant 25-yard chip, before the talented striker turned provider setting up strike partner Christie eight minutes from time.
At the other end Buntingford keeper Sam Chester made a couple of vital saves, with the hosts' defence holding firm and onto three vital points.
You may also want to watch:
Town's victory lifted them into seventh place in the Herts County Senior Premier Division above both Wormley Rovers and Whitewebbs, who they entertain on Saturday.
With just two games left, assistant manager Paul Fisher said: "It was a much-needed win and three precious points. It wasn't our best performance but we got the job done.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 3 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 4 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 5 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 6 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 7 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
"It was our first win in a few months, so we're obviously all very pleased. It was nice to see smiling faces for a change!
"We've proved that we can win at this level and we'll be looking to carry that on again on Saturday. It would be nice to keep it up until the end of the season."
Buntingford Town: Chester; Clarke, Stevens, Lynch, Cox; Downham, Randall, Geraghty, Gibbons; Christie, Fisher. (Sub): Sutton.