Town's lean run comes to an end
Buntingford Town 2 Sandridge Rovers 0 GOALS from Phil Fisher and Gary Christie secured Buntingford Town s first win in seven league games. After a first-half stalemate, Fisher netted his 16th goal of the season with a brilliant 25-yard chip, before the
Buntingford Town 2 Sandridge Rovers 0
GOALS from Phil Fisher and Gary Christie secured Buntingford Town's first win in seven league games.
After a first-half stalemate, Fisher netted his 16th goal of the season with a brilliant 25-yard chip, before the talented striker turned provider setting up strike partner Christie eight minutes from time.
At the other end Buntingford keeper Sam Chester made a couple of vital saves, with the hosts' defence holding firm and onto three vital points.
You may also want to watch:
Town's victory lifted them into seventh place in the Herts County Senior Premier Division above both Wormley Rovers and Whitewebbs, who they entertain on Saturday.
With just two games left, assistant manager Paul Fisher said: "It was a much-needed win and three precious points. It wasn't our best performance but we got the job done.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
- 10 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
"It was our first win in a few months, so we're obviously all very pleased. It was nice to see smiling faces for a change!
"We've proved that we can win at this level and we'll be looking to carry that on again on Saturday. It would be nice to keep it up until the end of the season."
Buntingford Town: Chester; Clarke, Stevens, Lynch, Cox; Downham, Randall, Geraghty, Gibbons; Christie, Fisher. (Sub): Sutton.