Town's lean run comes to an end
Buntingford Town 2 Sandridge Rovers 0 GOALS from Phil Fisher and Gary Christie secured Buntingford Town s first win in seven league games. After a first-half stalemate, Fisher netted his 16th goal of the season with a brilliant 25-yard chip, before the
Buntingford Town 2 Sandridge Rovers 0
GOALS from Phil Fisher and Gary Christie secured Buntingford Town's first win in seven league games.
After a first-half stalemate, Fisher netted his 16th goal of the season with a brilliant 25-yard chip, before the talented striker turned provider setting up strike partner Christie eight minutes from time.
At the other end Buntingford keeper Sam Chester made a couple of vital saves, with the hosts' defence holding firm and onto three vital points.
Town's victory lifted them into seventh place in the Herts County Senior Premier Division above both Wormley Rovers and Whitewebbs, who they entertain on Saturday.
With just two games left, assistant manager Paul Fisher said: "It was a much-needed win and three precious points. It wasn't our best performance but we got the job done.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 3 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 6 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 7 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 8 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 9 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 10 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
"It was our first win in a few months, so we're obviously all very pleased. It was nice to see smiling faces for a change!
"We've proved that we can win at this level and we'll be looking to carry that on again on Saturday. It would be nice to keep it up until the end of the season."
Buntingford Town: Chester; Clarke, Stevens, Lynch, Cox; Downham, Randall, Geraghty, Gibbons; Christie, Fisher. (Sub): Sutton.