Town’s brave bid comes to an end
BUNTINGFORD Town s defence of the Dana Cup came to an end, with the under-19s crashing out at the quarter final stage. Paul Attfield s side lost 3-2 to Norway s Byasen with just four minutes remaining. Attfield said: The team were brimming with confide
BUNTINGFORD Town's defence of the Dana Cup came to an end, with the under-19s crashing out at the quarter final stage.
Paul Attfield's side lost 3-2 to Norway's Byasen with just four minutes remaining.
Attfield said: "The team were brimming with confidence after some impressive results. But a change in the weather affected our passing game, with gusting winds making the conditions farcical."
Will Turl and Luke Robins scored for Town, and with both sides pressing for a winner it was the Scandinavians who came out on top.
You may also want to watch:
Buntingford had made it into the last eight after eliminating Norwegian side Augkorgs IK and German team TSV Waabs 1-0, with Turl and Jamie Morris scoring the goals respectively.
- 1 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 7 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images