Town’s brave bid comes to an end
BUNTINGFORD Town s defence of the Dana Cup came to an end, with the under-19s crashing out at the quarter final stage. Paul Attfield s side lost 3-2 to Norway s Byasen with just four minutes remaining. Attfield said: The team were brimming with confide
BUNTINGFORD Town's defence of the Dana Cup came to an end, with the under-19s crashing out at the quarter final stage.
Paul Attfield's side lost 3-2 to Norway's Byasen with just four minutes remaining.
Attfield said: "The team were brimming with confidence after some impressive results. But a change in the weather affected our passing game, with gusting winds making the conditions farcical."
Will Turl and Luke Robins scored for Town, and with both sides pressing for a winner it was the Scandinavians who came out on top.
Buntingford had made it into the last eight after eliminating Norwegian side Augkorgs IK and German team TSV Waabs 1-0, with Turl and Jamie Morris scoring the goals respectively.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 4 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 7 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge