Town’s brave bid comes to an end
BUNTINGFORD Town s defence of the Dana Cup came to an end, with the under-19s crashing out at the quarter final stage. Paul Attfield s side lost 3-2 to Norway s Byasen with just four minutes remaining. Attfield said: The team were brimming with confide
BUNTINGFORD Town's defence of the Dana Cup came to an end, with the under-19s crashing out at the quarter final stage.
Paul Attfield's side lost 3-2 to Norway's Byasen with just four minutes remaining.
Attfield said: "The team were brimming with confidence after some impressive results. But a change in the weather affected our passing game, with gusting winds making the conditions farcical."
Will Turl and Luke Robins scored for Town, and with both sides pressing for a winner it was the Scandinavians who came out on top.
You may also want to watch:
Buntingford had made it into the last eight after eliminating Norwegian side Augkorgs IK and German team TSV Waabs 1-0, with Turl and Jamie Morris scoring the goals respectively.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event