Town run comes to end
Caddington Res 3 Royston Town Res 2 ROYSTON Town Reserves nine-game unbeaten run came to an end on Saturday, with Caddington coming out on top. Dave McMurrough got Town off to a great start, when he headed home Brett Purkiss deep cross inside 15 minut
Caddington Res 3
Royston Town Res 2
ROYSTON Town Reserves' nine-game unbeaten run came to an end on Saturday, with Caddington coming out on top.
Dave McMurrough got Town off to a great start, when he headed home Brett Purkiss' deep cross inside 15 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
However, instead of pushing on, The Crows eased off ,and as a result the hosts snatched a deserved equaliser, following a probing free kick.
Caddington then made it 2-1 after 25 minutes, springing Royston's offside trap, and leaving keeper Sam Booth exposed.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Chances went begging for Royston as The Crows searched for an equaliser, although their play was disrupted further when they lost both Aaron Williams and Michael Baker through injury.
An entertaining second half saw the hosts extend their lead with another well-taken strike, before Ashley Townsend restored some hope with a brilliant volleyed finish.
However, Caddington held on, and despite The Crows going close, the hosts did enough to secure all three points.
Royston manager John Bloss said: "This defeat was hard to accept.
"For long periods of the game we were in total control and we played by far the better football.
"We just failed to turn the possession into goals.