Town held in first draw of season
Buntingford Town 2 Whitewebbs 2 FOR the first time in 29 league games, Buntingford Town had to settle for a share of the points – this draw with Whitewebbs their first of the season. And it was a much-needed point, as the Town players appear to be final
Buntingford Town 2 Whitewebbs 2
FOR the first time in 29 league games, Buntingford Town had to settle for a share of the points - this draw with Whitewebbs their first of the season.
And it was a much-needed point, as the Town players appear to be finally getting used to life in the Herts Senior County League, having taken four points from two games.
Goals from Steve Gibbons and Alan Kenney cancelled out Carl Stewart and Daniel Flodin's strikes for the visitors, with Gibbons' coolly taken finish his first of the season.
Town are now without a game for the next fortnight, entertaining Bovingdon at home on Saturday, May 10.
Assistant manager Paul Fisher said: "We could have done without the break to be honest, because it would have been nice to have kept the momentum going.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 4 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 7 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 8 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 9 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
"But it should be a good game to end the season with."
Kyle Brown ended Buntingford Town Reserves' eight-game losing streak, with his double seeing off London Lions Reserves in an entertaining 2-1 victory.
With three games to go, Tyrone Parry's side are battling the threat of relegation, although Saturday's win did give them a bit of breathing space, with basement boys Standon and Puckeridge Reserves just three points behind.
Town do have games in hand over their rivals, with Saturday's trip to fifth-placed Codicote Reserves a must-win match.