Town find Met men too hot to handle
Metropolitan Police Bushey 4 Buntingford Town 0 BUNTINGFORD were comprehensively beaten by the league leaders, but assistant manager Paul Fisher was happy with several aspects of the performance. He said: We made all the running in the first 25 minutes,
Metropolitan Police Bushey 4 Buntingford Town 0
BUNTINGFORD were comprehensively beaten by the league leaders, but assistant manager Paul Fisher was happy with several aspects of the performance.
He said: "We made all the running in the first 25 minutes, in fact it's probably the best start we've had recently. But we didn't get the goal we deserved and they punished us."
Phil Fisher put an early chance over the bar, while another shot flew straight into the arms of the Met Police keeper.
You may also want to watch:
At the other end, a defensive error cost Town dear, as their hosts took the lead, then added another before half-time.
In the second half, Met Police took over, and added two further goals.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 9 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 10 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
Fisher added: "We have a very young team, and at times it was men against boys.
"Apart from one mistake, goalkeeper Jordan Gibson was excellent. He's only 16 and looks a real prospect."
On Saturday Town host Wormley Rovers, who lie 11th in the Herts County League table.
"They're below us but that doesn't mean anything," said Fisher.
"But if we can reproduce the performance levels we reached at times last Saturday, we'll do OK.