Town bid to bounce back
BUNTINGFORD Town kick off their Herts Senior County League campaign on Saturday with chairman Richard Daly s eyes already on the title. Town entertain Bushey Rangers at The Bury, 3pm, and boss Paul Attfield has retained most of last season s squad. The
BUNTINGFORD Town kick off their Herts Senior County League campaign on Saturday with chairman Richard Daly's eyes already on the title.
Town entertain Bushey Rangers at The Bury, 3pm, and boss Paul Attfield has retained most of last season's squad.
The club were deducted six points by the league's management committee after an investigation found them to have fielded an ineligible player.
And the deduction cost the club the league title.
Daly said: "It was an unfortunate mistake and if anything because of the cruel events we will see an even more determined first team effort. And in keeping most of our squad we are confident we can do well.
"The club has already had a good start to the season in winning our first ever Herts Charity Shield match with a 2-0 win against Hoddesdon who play at a higher level."
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 4 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 5 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 8 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
On Tuesday Town entertain derby rivals Standon and Puckeridge in the league, kick-off 6.15pm.