Town bid to bounce back
BUNTINGFORD Town kick off their Herts Senior County League campaign on Saturday with chairman Richard Daly s eyes already on the title. Town entertain Bushey Rangers at The Bury, 3pm, and boss Paul Attfield has retained most of last season s squad. The
BUNTINGFORD Town kick off their Herts Senior County League campaign on Saturday with chairman Richard Daly's eyes already on the title.
Town entertain Bushey Rangers at The Bury, 3pm, and boss Paul Attfield has retained most of last season's squad.
The club were deducted six points by the league's management committee after an investigation found them to have fielded an ineligible player.
And the deduction cost the club the league title.
You may also want to watch:
Daly said: "It was an unfortunate mistake and if anything because of the cruel events we will see an even more determined first team effort. And in keeping most of our squad we are confident we can do well.
"The club has already had a good start to the season in winning our first ever Herts Charity Shield match with a 2-0 win against Hoddesdon who play at a higher level."
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
On Tuesday Town entertain derby rivals Standon and Puckeridge in the league, kick-off 6.15pm.