Town bid to bounce back
BUNTINGFORD Town kick off their Herts Senior County League campaign on Saturday with chairman Richard Daly s eyes already on the title. Town entertain Bushey Rangers at The Bury, 3pm, and boss Paul Attfield has retained most of last season s squad. The
BUNTINGFORD Town kick off their Herts Senior County League campaign on Saturday with chairman Richard Daly's eyes already on the title.
Town entertain Bushey Rangers at The Bury, 3pm, and boss Paul Attfield has retained most of last season's squad.
The club were deducted six points by the league's management committee after an investigation found them to have fielded an ineligible player.
And the deduction cost the club the league title.
You may also want to watch:
Daly said: "It was an unfortunate mistake and if anything because of the cruel events we will see an even more determined first team effort. And in keeping most of our squad we are confident we can do well.
"The club has already had a good start to the season in winning our first ever Herts Charity Shield match with a 2-0 win against Hoddesdon who play at a higher level."
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 10 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
On Tuesday Town entertain derby rivals Standon and Puckeridge in the league, kick-off 6.15pm.