Town back on the win trail
Buntingford Town 7 Hinton 0 AFTER a couple of disappointing league results Buntingford returned to winning ways on Saturday with the comprehensive thrashing of Herts Division One side on Hinton in the Anagram Feeder League Trophy. The performance was lo
Buntingford Town 7 Hinton 0
AFTER a couple of disappointing league results Buntingford returned to winning ways on Saturday with the comprehensive thrashing of Herts Division One side on Hinton in the Anagram Feeder League Trophy.
The performance was long overdue from the team and welcomed the return of Town boss Paul Attfield who was intent on seeing a change in fortunes from his side.
The game was all but wrapped up by half time with Buntingford taking a five-goal lead that included a Matt Turl hat trick.
You may also want to watch:
They went ahead after 18 minutes with Matt Turl controlling and volleying into the net after a great cross from Tom Malins.
Matt Turl doubled the lead shortly afterwards crashing home an identical strike following another Malins cross, before his brother Will added a third.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
Matt Turl then completed his hat- trick in the 43rd minute when he followed up Conor De Lacy's strike; before the latter's deflected effort deceived the keeper for goal number five.
In the second half Luke Robins ran clear of the visiting defence to slot home with a cool finish.
Robins then completed the rout in the 77th minute when he diverted Malin's shot past the keeper from close range.
Attfield said: "We needed to get back to scoring goals, which we haven't been doing lately, and doing so with a clean sheet was doubly pleasing.
"Now it's important to get some consistency."
Buntingford Town: Williamson; Endacott, M Babbage, Cain, J Babbage (Easley); Smith (Beaumont), De Lacy, Malins, W Turl; M Turl, Robins.