Tough test for Royston
Royston Ladies 0 West Herts II 7 A STRONG West Herts side eased home against Royston in what was a tough test for the newly- formed team. West Herts were the better team throughout, and as a result Royston were forced into a defensive game for a
Royston Ladies 0 West Herts II 7
A STRONG West Herts side eased home against Royston in what was a tough test for the newly- formed team.
West Herts were the better team throughout, and as a result Royston were forced into a defensive game for a large majority of the match.
Royston's player-of-the-match Ellie Mann was impressive, but even her best efforts could not stop West Herts from running riot.
You may also want to watch:
It is early days for Royston, and although the defeat will come as a disappointment, they can only learn from a well-drilled West Herts side.
Royston Ladies II 2 Berkhamsted & Hemel II 1
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 10 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
MAINTAINING their 100 per cent winning start to the season, Royston overcame Berkhamsted & Hemel with another well-deserved win.
In the first half the hosts failed to produce their recent good form, and found themselves trailing when their opponents converted from a short corner.
However, in the second half Royston looked much brighter and after being driven forward by player-of-the-match Sarah Gourd, they began to get back to their attacking best.
Lucy Davidson then turned the game for the home side with two quick strikes, with her second coming from a brilliant left-wing cross from Kate Nankivell - her ninth goal in three games.
Michelle Clement, Louise Arnold, and Caroline Yarrow continued to push forward for Royston and ensured that the visitors were always on the defensive.
- Royston Hockey Club is currently looking for goalkeepers for their men's teams. For contact details and more information visit www.roystonhockey.co.uk