Tough test for Royston
Royston Ladies 0 West Herts II 7 A STRONG West Herts side eased home against Royston in what was a tough test for the newly- formed team. West Herts were the better team throughout, and as a result Royston were forced into a defensive game for a
Royston Ladies 0 West Herts II 7
A STRONG West Herts side eased home against Royston in what was a tough test for the newly- formed team.
West Herts were the better team throughout, and as a result Royston were forced into a defensive game for a large majority of the match.
Royston's player-of-the-match Ellie Mann was impressive, but even her best efforts could not stop West Herts from running riot.
It is early days for Royston, and although the defeat will come as a disappointment, they can only learn from a well-drilled West Herts side.
Royston Ladies II 2 Berkhamsted & Hemel II 1
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 7 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 10 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
MAINTAINING their 100 per cent winning start to the season, Royston overcame Berkhamsted & Hemel with another well-deserved win.
In the first half the hosts failed to produce their recent good form, and found themselves trailing when their opponents converted from a short corner.
However, in the second half Royston looked much brighter and after being driven forward by player-of-the-match Sarah Gourd, they began to get back to their attacking best.
Lucy Davidson then turned the game for the home side with two quick strikes, with her second coming from a brilliant left-wing cross from Kate Nankivell - her ninth goal in three games.
Michelle Clement, Louise Arnold, and Caroline Yarrow continued to push forward for Royston and ensured that the visitors were always on the defensive.
- Royston Hockey Club is currently looking for goalkeepers for their men's teams. For contact details and more information visit www.roystonhockey.co.uk