Tough test for Clark
KIEREN Clark endured a tough weekend at Donington in rounds five and six of the Formula Renault UK Championship. The Royston-based driver finished 13th and 16th, after pre-race testing did not go according to plan. Clark said: We left our qualifying laps
KIEREN Clark endured a tough weekend at Donington in rounds five and six of the Formula Renault UK Championship.
The Royston-based driver finished 13th and 16th, after pre-race testing did not go according to plan.
Clark said: "We left our qualifying laps to the end of the session, but after a red flag stopped the session near the end, it all got a bit manic as everyone tried to squeeze a time from the last few laps."
Starting 15th on the grid, Clark was never able to mount a serious challenge, but did benefit from some drive through penalties for jumped starts at the head of the grid, and ended the race 13th.
The second race of the day was again live on ITV4 and with light rain falling, the conditions looked to be difficult.
A poor start relegated Clark to 17th, and a risky move on a damp part of the track saw him drop down to 19th.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 3 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 4 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 5 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 6 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 7 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 8 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge view portrait of themselves at Fitzwilliam Museum
- 9 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 10 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
However, over the next few laps, steady driving allowed him to get back into contention and benefit from others mistakes on the greasy track.
Some fast sector times put him back in contention, but in the end he had to settle for 16th position
The next rounds of the championship are at Thruxton this weekend, as part of the British Touring Car Championship weekend.
The event will again be broadcast live on TV.