Top 10 For Royston's Lewis
ROYSTON S Ryan Lewis rounded off his 2007 Champ Car Atlantic season with a top 10 finish at Road America on Sunday. Lewis started the race from 10th position on the grid and was started off well making his way to fourth spot. But after the 23-year-old u
ROYSTON'S Ryan Lewis rounded off his 2007 Champ Car Atlantic season with a top 10 finish at Road America on Sunday.
Lewis started the race from 10th position on the grid and was started off well making his way to fourth spot. But after the 23-year-old unfortunately received a penalty for blocking Alan Sciuto and as a result was pushed back down the chasing pack.
"I managed to salvage tenth place after having to make my way through the field again. I had a really good car for the race, but unfortunately I was unable to bring a good result to the boys," said Ryan.
"I just want to thank the team; they have worked really hard and have done a great job this season."
You may also want to watch:
Team owner Derrick Walker added: "We had it going there for a while, but it all fizzled away at the closing stages. Ryan had a good top three, top four potential, and we failed to maximise what we had and end with a good result - but that's racing.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 4 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside