Top 10 For Royston's Lewis
ROYSTON S Ryan Lewis rounded off his 2007 Champ Car Atlantic season with a top 10 finish at Road America on Sunday. Lewis started the race from 10th position on the grid and was started off well making his way to fourth spot. But after the 23-year-old u
ROYSTON'S Ryan Lewis rounded off his 2007 Champ Car Atlantic season with a top 10 finish at Road America on Sunday.
Lewis started the race from 10th position on the grid and was started off well making his way to fourth spot. But after the 23-year-old unfortunately received a penalty for blocking Alan Sciuto and as a result was pushed back down the chasing pack.
"I managed to salvage tenth place after having to make my way through the field again. I had a really good car for the race, but unfortunately I was unable to bring a good result to the boys," said Ryan.
"I just want to thank the team; they have worked really hard and have done a great job this season."
You may also want to watch:
Team owner Derrick Walker added: "We had it going there for a while, but it all fizzled away at the closing stages. Ryan had a good top three, top four potential, and we failed to maximise what we had and end with a good result - but that's racing.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 10 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today