Too little too late for Colts
Royston Town Colts U-14 A 2 Symonds Green 6 ROYSTON slipped to a Crow Youth League defeat as they were hit for six, on Sunday, The home side started the game brightly enough and came close to opening the scoring when Steve Archibald was put through by C
Royston Town Colts U-14 A 2
Symonds Green 6
ROYSTON slipped to a Crow Youth League defeat as they were hit for six, on Sunday,
The home side started the game brightly enough and came close to opening the scoring when Steve Archibald was put through by Charlie Stafford, only to see his shot just inches the wrong side of the far post.
You may also want to watch:
For 20 minutes the game flowed end to end with both teams having chances. Symonds Green eventually broke the deadlock, and from that point on they dominated the rest of the first half, adding two further goals without reply.
In the second half Royston pushed forward trying to get back into the game but this just gave the impressive Green team more time and space, and they looked threatening with each attack.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 9 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
They added three more within 30 minutes to go 6-0 up, and Royston were really on the ropes.
To their credit, they never gave up trying to play football and were rewarded when Jack Ash clawed a goal back at the second attempt with 10 minutes remaining.
Minutes later Rory Harper in the Royston goal was called upon to make an excellent penalty save. Archibald added Colts second goal late on, but it was too little too late.