Too little too late for Colts
Royston Town Colts U-14 A 2 Symonds Green 6 ROYSTON slipped to a Crow Youth League defeat as they were hit for six, on Sunday, The home side started the game brightly enough and came close to opening the scoring when Steve Archibald was put through by C
Royston Town Colts U-14 A 2
Symonds Green 6
ROYSTON slipped to a Crow Youth League defeat as they were hit for six, on Sunday,
The home side started the game brightly enough and came close to opening the scoring when Steve Archibald was put through by Charlie Stafford, only to see his shot just inches the wrong side of the far post.
For 20 minutes the game flowed end to end with both teams having chances. Symonds Green eventually broke the deadlock, and from that point on they dominated the rest of the first half, adding two further goals without reply.
In the second half Royston pushed forward trying to get back into the game but this just gave the impressive Green team more time and space, and they looked threatening with each attack.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 9 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 10 Town's biggest employer pays tribute to late F John Smith's 'vision and commitment'
They added three more within 30 minutes to go 6-0 up, and Royston were really on the ropes.
To their credit, they never gave up trying to play football and were rewarded when Jack Ash clawed a goal back at the second attempt with 10 minutes remaining.
Minutes later Rory Harper in the Royston goal was called upon to make an excellent penalty save. Archibald added Colts second goal late on, but it was too little too late.