Too little too late for Colts
Royston Town Colts U-14 A 2 Symonds Green 6 ROYSTON slipped to a Crow Youth League defeat as they were hit for six, on Sunday, The home side started the game brightly enough and came close to opening the scoring when Steve Archibald was put through by C
Royston Town Colts U-14 A 2
Symonds Green 6
ROYSTON slipped to a Crow Youth League defeat as they were hit for six, on Sunday,
The home side started the game brightly enough and came close to opening the scoring when Steve Archibald was put through by Charlie Stafford, only to see his shot just inches the wrong side of the far post.
For 20 minutes the game flowed end to end with both teams having chances. Symonds Green eventually broke the deadlock, and from that point on they dominated the rest of the first half, adding two further goals without reply.
In the second half Royston pushed forward trying to get back into the game but this just gave the impressive Green team more time and space, and they looked threatening with each attack.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 3 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 4 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 5 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
- 9 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 10 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
They added three more within 30 minutes to go 6-0 up, and Royston were really on the ropes.
To their credit, they never gave up trying to play football and were rewarded when Jack Ash clawed a goal back at the second attempt with 10 minutes remaining.
Minutes later Rory Harper in the Royston goal was called upon to make an excellent penalty save. Archibald added Colts second goal late on, but it was too little too late.