Too little too late for Colts
Royston Town Colts U-14 A 2 Symonds Green 6 ROYSTON slipped to a Crow Youth League defeat as they were hit for six, on Sunday, The home side started the game brightly enough and came close to opening the scoring when Steve Archibald was put through by C
Royston Town Colts U-14 A 2
Symonds Green 6
ROYSTON slipped to a Crow Youth League defeat as they were hit for six, on Sunday,
The home side started the game brightly enough and came close to opening the scoring when Steve Archibald was put through by Charlie Stafford, only to see his shot just inches the wrong side of the far post.
You may also want to watch:
For 20 minutes the game flowed end to end with both teams having chances. Symonds Green eventually broke the deadlock, and from that point on they dominated the rest of the first half, adding two further goals without reply.
In the second half Royston pushed forward trying to get back into the game but this just gave the impressive Green team more time and space, and they looked threatening with each attack.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 10 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
They added three more within 30 minutes to go 6-0 up, and Royston were really on the ropes.
To their credit, they never gave up trying to play football and were rewarded when Jack Ash clawed a goal back at the second attempt with 10 minutes remaining.
Minutes later Rory Harper in the Royston goal was called upon to make an excellent penalty save. Archibald added Colts second goal late on, but it was too little too late.