Ton-up Virag leads the way
A CENTURY from all-rounder Virag Andrabadu helped Hardwick & Caldecote to a home victory over Royston on Saturday. Royston batted first and started strongly thanks to 58 from opener Ken Graham. And knocks of 54 from Naveed Ahmad and 42 from Paul Miller h
A CENTURY from all-rounder Virag Andrabadu helped Hardwick & Caldecote to a home victory over Royston on Saturday.
Royston batted first and started strongly thanks to 58 from opener Ken Graham.
And knocks of 54 from Naveed Ahmad and 42 from Paul Miller helped the away side to post a competitive total of 265-8 from 45 overs.
Andrabadu returned figures of 12-5-36-2 with the ball, but the real heroics were to follow with the bat.
You may also want to watch:
In reply, Hardwick got off to a poor start as openers Nils Downes and Thomas Fuller were both bowled cheaply by Chris Hootton.
But then Andrabadu anchored the innings, scoring 128 to lead Hardwick to within sight of victory, before he was eventually dismissed by Joe Carver.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 3 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
It was then left to Anil Waduge (60 not out) and Robert Allen (23 not out) to knock off the remaining runs, eventually reaching their target in the penultimate over.
The pick of Royston's bowlers was Chris Hootton, who returned figures of 10.5-0-57-3.
Hardwick's five-wicket win changes little as they are already safe from relegation and Royston can no longer be promoted.