Ton-up Virag leads the way
A CENTURY from all-rounder Virag Andrabadu helped Hardwick & Caldecote to a home victory over Royston on Saturday. Royston batted first and started strongly thanks to 58 from opener Ken Graham. And knocks of 54 from Naveed Ahmad and 42 from Paul Miller h
A CENTURY from all-rounder Virag Andrabadu helped Hardwick & Caldecote to a home victory over Royston on Saturday.
Royston batted first and started strongly thanks to 58 from opener Ken Graham.
And knocks of 54 from Naveed Ahmad and 42 from Paul Miller helped the away side to post a competitive total of 265-8 from 45 overs.
Andrabadu returned figures of 12-5-36-2 with the ball, but the real heroics were to follow with the bat.
You may also want to watch:
In reply, Hardwick got off to a poor start as openers Nils Downes and Thomas Fuller were both bowled cheaply by Chris Hootton.
But then Andrabadu anchored the innings, scoring 128 to lead Hardwick to within sight of victory, before he was eventually dismissed by Joe Carver.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Socially-distanced festival is a welcome return to pre-pandemic good times
- 10 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
It was then left to Anil Waduge (60 not out) and Robert Allen (23 not out) to knock off the remaining runs, eventually reaching their target in the penultimate over.
The pick of Royston's bowlers was Chris Hootton, who returned figures of 10.5-0-57-3.
Hardwick's five-wicket win changes little as they are already safe from relegation and Royston can no longer be promoted.