Tomsett takes second for the Rockets
THE fourth round of the East Anglia BMX Region Winter Series saw Royston Rockets riders travel down to the track of the Braintree BMX Club. The event attracted almost 100 riders from across the region and a few from outside the area trying to find somewh
THE fourth round of the East Anglia BMX Region Winter Series saw Royston Rockets' riders travel down to the track of the Braintree BMX Club.
The event attracted almost 100 riders from across the region and a few from outside the area trying to find somewhere to ride after Christmas as the winter calendar has fallen foul of the weather, yet the day dawned bright and dry sunny periods provided good conditions for the riders.
Royston's only female rider at the event, Ella Tomsett, took a hard earned second place in the under-10s Girls and the male riders also had a series of good results in their classes.
In the under-sevens male class Alfie Salmon took fifth in the main final and Will Frascoe in his first race at Braintree took fifth in the B final.
You may also want to watch:
In the eight-to-10 category Myles Fisher finished second in the A final ahead of James King in sixth and Daniel Blanche in seventh while in the B final Benjamin Mansfield took was also seventh.
The Rockets took another good position in the 11-13 category where Ethan Vernon took fourth place in the A final, and in the 14-16 year class Max Jenkins took fifth in the class B final.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Herts libraries service could be transferred to public service mutual
- 9 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 10 Chocks away! Phillips and Nunn bag Spitfire Salver at Heydon Grange Golf Club
The over-30s class saw another podium position for Darren Foreman as he took third place and the final rider for the Rockets competing in the over-17s Cruiser class was Matt Salmon who finished in fourth place in the B final.
Round five of the series takes place on February 21 at Norwich BMX Club, but before then the Rockets have a round of their own programme on January 31 - registration closes at 12pm.
Full details of forthcoming club and regional events will be published soon on the club web site at www.roystonrockets.co.uk or call (01763) 260959 for more information on BMX racing.