Tommy guns Cougars to win
FIRST half goals from Tommy Adeyemi and Daniel Share were enough to seal a 2-1 win for the under-11 Blues at Pin Green. A fine goalkeeping display from Greg Marshall in first full game between the sticks helped Blues take the three points. This under-nine
FIRST half goals from Tommy Adeyemi and Daniel Share were enough to seal a 2-1 win for the under-11 Blues at Pin Green.
A fine goalkeeping display from Greg Marshall in first full game between the sticks helped Blues take the three points.
This under-nine squad are beginning to find their feet and definitely took the match to Wymondley Youth.
A brace from Reece Fitzgerald plus strikes from Jack Caine and Charlie Rome ensured a fine 4-1 win from Cougars.
You may also want to watch:
The second match saw another good Cougars display as they raced into a 2-0 half time lead thanks to some good lay offs from Charlie Owen to Thomas Burns who found the net on both occasions.
However, some sloppy defending in the second half resulted in the match finishing 2-2.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 6 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
The under-10 got a great start in the first half with great attacking moves which resulted in an own goal by Bedwell.
Bedwell quickly pulled one back to level the score. In the second half Bedwell went 3-1 up despite some good goalkeeping from Kerryn Westrip.
Claire Clough scored for Cougars, but another from Bedwell quickly followed giving them a 4-2 win.
Three goals from Joe Pemberton helped the under-13 Whites on their way to their first away win of the season as they defeated Royston Celtic Greens.
Cougars started brightly and were 3-0 up at half-time. Just after the break Pemberton added another but this stirred a Celtic fight back and Michael Hardy was the busier keeper in the last 15 minutes making some fine saves.
Aron Monk and Oliver Lee-Stevens chipped in with goals but man-of-the-match was James Clannell for some excellent Midfield play. A great all round performance from Cougars.
Goals from Aaron Sawyer and George Duffin gave the under-13 Blue a 2-2 draw against Shefford Saints in a game they twice led in.
The under-14s fought back from three down at half-time to record a thrilling 4-3 win at Sheffield Saints.
Two superb stops from keeper Mark Kenney early into the second half lifted the team, who then went onto dominate the game with goals from Liam Harler, Scott Piggott, Ollie Woodcock and a Michael Holland penalty.