Tom Greaves stars as Reed leap to third in the Championship
- Credit: Archant
Reed moved into third place in the Saracens Herts League Championship with a fourth win in five games, this time at promotion rivals Hoddesdon.
Electing to bowl, the visitors were put under pressure when openers Rob Walters (25) and Ashley Leat (41) built a strong early partnership.
However, Hoddesdon’s positive start petered out as their next three batsmen all went for single figures and the hosts fell to 144-7.
A short revival from tail-enders Rhys Jones (17) and Bill Thorne (27) left Hoddesdon on 185-8 from their 50 overs. Phil Lill was Reed’s most impressive performer with the ball, taking 3-21.
Skipper James Heslam (33) and Will Heslam (10) got Reed off to a solid beginning in their innings, 35-0 after eight overs.
You may also want to watch:
The introduction of Tom Greaves (48) and Chris Jackson (45 not out) accelerated the run chase and together with Stuart Smith (29), the away side eased to 187-4 for a six-wicket win. Reed host Chorleywood this Saturday.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 10 Winter wonderland coming to Cambridge as The North Pole ice rink returns