Tom Greaves stars as Reed leap to third in the Championship
- Credit: Archant
Reed moved into third place in the Saracens Herts League Championship with a fourth win in five games, this time at promotion rivals Hoddesdon.
Electing to bowl, the visitors were put under pressure when openers Rob Walters (25) and Ashley Leat (41) built a strong early partnership.
However, Hoddesdon’s positive start petered out as their next three batsmen all went for single figures and the hosts fell to 144-7.
A short revival from tail-enders Rhys Jones (17) and Bill Thorne (27) left Hoddesdon on 185-8 from their 50 overs. Phil Lill was Reed’s most impressive performer with the ball, taking 3-21.
Skipper James Heslam (33) and Will Heslam (10) got Reed off to a solid beginning in their innings, 35-0 after eight overs.
The introduction of Tom Greaves (48) and Chris Jackson (45 not out) accelerated the run chase and together with Stuart Smith (29), the away side eased to 187-4 for a six-wicket win. Reed host Chorleywood this Saturday.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 7 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 8 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon