Tom Greaves stars as Reed leap to third in the Championship
- Credit: Archant
Reed moved into third place in the Saracens Herts League Championship with a fourth win in five games, this time at promotion rivals Hoddesdon.
Electing to bowl, the visitors were put under pressure when openers Rob Walters (25) and Ashley Leat (41) built a strong early partnership.
However, Hoddesdon’s positive start petered out as their next three batsmen all went for single figures and the hosts fell to 144-7.
A short revival from tail-enders Rhys Jones (17) and Bill Thorne (27) left Hoddesdon on 185-8 from their 50 overs. Phil Lill was Reed’s most impressive performer with the ball, taking 3-21.
Skipper James Heslam (33) and Will Heslam (10) got Reed off to a solid beginning in their innings, 35-0 after eight overs.
You may also want to watch:
The introduction of Tom Greaves (48) and Chris Jackson (45 not out) accelerated the run chase and together with Stuart Smith (29), the away side eased to 187-4 for a six-wicket win. Reed host Chorleywood this Saturday.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?