Title celebrations on hold after shock loss
THE celebrations were put on hold for the under-14 Knights after they suffered their first defeat of the season, going down against Stotfold. They never really got going as the home side raced into a four goal lead at half-time. Although play improved af
THE celebrations were put on hold for the under-14 Knights after they suffered their first defeat of the season, going down against Stotfold.
They never really got going as the home side raced into a four goal lead at half-time. Although play improved after the break, Stotfold added a fifth late in the game.
The under 10 Templars remain second in Division A despite being held to a 1-1 draw at Stevenage Borough Reds. Dean Brown was on target for Baldock.
The under 10 Crusaders need just one point from their last three games to be crowned Division B champions, after a Christopher Birkett goal gave them a 1-0 win over Stevenage Borough Thunder.
For the under 10 Knights and Lancers, both sides had mixed fortunes with goals Anthony Inverarity and Harry Waters giving the Knights a 2-1 win against Bishop's Stortford Athletic.
The Lancers were not so lucky and not even a Kieron Raynor strike could prevent them from going down 2-1 against Bishop's Stortford Colts.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 3 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 4 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 5 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 6 Councillors take the plunge to raise money for Home-Start
- 7 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 8 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
In the under 12 section, the Templars enhanced their championship hopes with a convincing 5-2 win over St Neots thanks to a Tom Gornall double and strikes from Anthony Geary, Bonham Harper and James Ward.
The under 13 Templars had a frustrating morning in their attempt to finish runners-up in Division One, after they were held to a goalless draw by Buntingford Cougars.
The Knights continued their impressive form and probably wish their season was just starting, after winning their ninth consecutive game with a 3-0 victory at Weston. George Laurence, Jordan Davis and Harry Nelson were all on target.
The Lancers were not so fortunate in their game against Royston Celtic, with Lewis Worcester grabbing the consolation goal in a 4-1 defeat.
A Chris Hogg hat-trick and a Tom Lee brace helped give the under 15 Knights the points with a 5-3 victory over Bishop's Stortford Rangers.
The Lancers will be disappointed in their push for promotion with their 3-3 draw against Royston Town. Luke Farmer and Joel Strickland scored the Baldock goals.
The under 16 Crusaders paid the price for conceding two early goals in their encounter with Sandy. Josh Furness scrambled a reply before half-time, but Baldock were unable to find an equaliser despite their second-half pressure.