Tigers fall to defeat despite a hard working performance
Welwyn Garden City B 3 Melbourn Dynamos Tigers 0 Under-nines MELBOURN B put in a hard working performance but against the run of play Welwyn scored first. Man-of-the-match Reece Davies at the other end was unlucky not to score after a strong run and shot
Welwyn Garden City B 3 Melbourn Dynamos Tigers 0
MELBOURN B put in a hard working performance but against the run of play Welwyn scored first.
Man-of-the-match Reece Davies at the other end was unlucky not to score after a strong run and shot on the right, but a quick goal from Welwyn and then a third following a solo effort brought the tie to 3-0 by the break.
In the second half Melbourn started pushing forward, creating chance after chance.
At the other end Zac Hart put in a determined performance at the back, always breaking up any danger from the Welwyn attack.
- 1 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 4 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 5 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 9 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
William Browning had a on-on-one with the 'keeper but the Welwyn shot stopper made a fine save and towards the end of the game it was all Melbourn as Davies had a number of chances but stout Welwyn defending, including one miraculous goal line clearance, kept him out.
The game ended 3-0 to Welwyn and although Welwyn were good for their three goals Melbourn did deserve to get something from the game and should consider themselves unlucky.