Tigers fall to defeat despite a hard working performance
Welwyn Garden City B 3 Melbourn Dynamos Tigers 0 Under-nines MELBOURN B put in a hard working performance but against the run of play Welwyn scored first. Man-of-the-match Reece Davies at the other end was unlucky not to score after a strong run and shot
Welwyn Garden City B 3 Melbourn Dynamos Tigers 0
MELBOURN B put in a hard working performance but against the run of play Welwyn scored first.
Man-of-the-match Reece Davies at the other end was unlucky not to score after a strong run and shot on the right, but a quick goal from Welwyn and then a third following a solo effort brought the tie to 3-0 by the break.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half Melbourn started pushing forward, creating chance after chance.
At the other end Zac Hart put in a determined performance at the back, always breaking up any danger from the Welwyn attack.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Herts libraries service could be transferred to public service mutual
- 7 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
William Browning had a on-on-one with the 'keeper but the Welwyn shot stopper made a fine save and towards the end of the game it was all Melbourn as Davies had a number of chances but stout Welwyn defending, including one miraculous goal line clearance, kept him out.
The game ended 3-0 to Welwyn and although Welwyn were good for their three goals Melbourn did deserve to get something from the game and should consider themselves unlucky.