Tigers fall to defeat despite a hard working performance
Welwyn Garden City B 3 Melbourn Dynamos Tigers 0 Under-nines MELBOURN B put in a hard working performance but against the run of play Welwyn scored first. Man-of-the-match Reece Davies at the other end was unlucky not to score after a strong run and shot
Welwyn Garden City B 3 Melbourn Dynamos Tigers 0
MELBOURN B put in a hard working performance but against the run of play Welwyn scored first.
Man-of-the-match Reece Davies at the other end was unlucky not to score after a strong run and shot on the right, but a quick goal from Welwyn and then a third following a solo effort brought the tie to 3-0 by the break.
In the second half Melbourn started pushing forward, creating chance after chance.
At the other end Zac Hart put in a determined performance at the back, always breaking up any danger from the Welwyn attack.
- 1 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 2 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 3 Let's go fly a kite as festival returns after two years
- 4 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 5 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 6 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 7 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 10 20 Ukrainian medical students begin placements at Addenbrooke’s
William Browning had a on-on-one with the 'keeper but the Welwyn shot stopper made a fine save and towards the end of the game it was all Melbourn as Davies had a number of chances but stout Welwyn defending, including one miraculous goal line clearance, kept him out.
The game ended 3-0 to Welwyn and although Welwyn were good for their three goals Melbourn did deserve to get something from the game and should consider themselves unlucky.