Tigers fall to defeat despite a hard working performance
Welwyn Garden City B 3 Melbourn Dynamos Tigers 0 Under-nines MELBOURN B put in a hard working performance but against the run of play Welwyn scored first. Man-of-the-match Reece Davies at the other end was unlucky not to score after a strong run and shot
Welwyn Garden City B 3 Melbourn Dynamos Tigers 0
MELBOURN B put in a hard working performance but against the run of play Welwyn scored first.
Man-of-the-match Reece Davies at the other end was unlucky not to score after a strong run and shot on the right, but a quick goal from Welwyn and then a third following a solo effort brought the tie to 3-0 by the break.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half Melbourn started pushing forward, creating chance after chance.
At the other end Zac Hart put in a determined performance at the back, always breaking up any danger from the Welwyn attack.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 8 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 9 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 10 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
William Browning had a on-on-one with the 'keeper but the Welwyn shot stopper made a fine save and towards the end of the game it was all Melbourn as Davies had a number of chances but stout Welwyn defending, including one miraculous goal line clearance, kept him out.
The game ended 3-0 to Welwyn and although Welwyn were good for their three goals Melbourn did deserve to get something from the game and should consider themselves unlucky.