Thruxton battle for Clark
THRUXTON proved to be a good challenge for Kieren Clark, the 19 year old racer from Royston as he notched up final positions of 14th and 10th in the latest rounds of the Formula Renault UK championship. Starting from 18th place on the 21 car grid, Clark
THRUXTON proved to be a good challenge for Kieren Clark, the 19 year old racer from Royston as he notched up final positions of 14th and 10th in the latest rounds of the Formula Renault UK championship.
Starting from 18th place on the 21 car grid, Clark made a good start to move up two places in the first lap. As the race settled, Clark was soon chasing Surtees and the leading pack to come home in a hard-fought 14th place.
The second race again saw Clark at the back end of the grid, starting from 17th.
A good start was eclipsed by his Apotex Scorpio teammate, Tom Mun, as both made up places.
You may also want to watch:
By the sixth lap Clark unfortunately could not mount a challenge, but on the last lap, he nipped in to claim a deserved and impressive 10th spot.
Clark told The Crow: "This was the first time that I've finished a race here. After experiencing a bit of bad luck over previous years 10th place shows that it's been a good day.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 9 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 10 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
"I struggled in qualifying, with no previous testing, so didn't get into the track at all, and a fast lap is all about getting the lines right."
The next rounds of the Formula Renault UK championship will be held at Croft on Saturday, May 31, and Sunday June 1, as part of the British Touring Car Championship weekend, which will be shown live on ITV4.