Thriplow thwarted in run-chase
BAD weather thwarted Thriplow against Fulbourn at The Cricket Meadow. Fulbourn were put in to bat and their opener Westbrooke wasted no time in scoring a quickfire 52 before he was bowled by Turner. Wickets continued to tumble with regularity, reducing F
BAD weather thwarted Thriplow against Fulbourn at The Cricket Meadow.
Fulbourn were put in to bat and their opener Westbrooke wasted no time in scoring a quickfire 52 before he was bowled by Turner.
Wickets continued to tumble with regularity, reducing Fulbourn to 115-5.
However, any hopes Thriplow had of finishing off the lower order were dashed by Kendridge and Monk, who scored 48 and 50 not out respectively to help their team to a total of 217-7.
You may also want to watch:
Morris finished with the best Thriplow bowling figures, picking up 2-39.
Thriplow opening batsmen Smith and Russell got their team off to a great start.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
Russell, in particular, was in devastating form, and hit five sixes and nine fours on his way to 94.
Smith was also going well before he played on for 35, and Thriplow were 142-2 off 21 overs when heavy rain forced the players off the field.
Although the rain abated later on, persistent drizzle and bad light meant the match was abandoned as a draw.