Thriplow hopes vanish in a Hayes
A BELOW par performance by Thriplow seconds gifted victory to their opponents Weston Colville in a one-sided affair. But it had looked so different in the early stages as Thriplow had Weston reeling at 28-3 in the seventh over. However, one dropped Dave
A BELOW par performance by Thriplow seconds gifted victory to their opponents Weston Colville in a one-sided affair.
But it had looked so different in the early stages as Thriplow had Weston reeling at 28-3 in the seventh over.
However, one dropped Dave Osborne catch later, the game took a turn for the worst for Thriplow.
With Weston opener Hayes in the 20s at the time, it was a missed opportunity to dismiss their major threat and from then on Hayes never looked back.
You may also want to watch:
Taking advantage of some decidedly poor bowling, Hayes (126) and Weston captain Chris Glover (89) put on 197 for the next wicket.
And it was a relief to the Thriplow team when their innings came to an end with a total on 271-6 at the end of their allocated 40 overs.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
Thriplow needed a solid start, and early runs were hard to come by.
At 100-3, they lost their way and wickets began to fall.
Opener Dan Carr top- scored with 46, but only fellow opener Dabnor (16), Duncan Baxter (22), and Jon Goodacre (11) managed to reach double figures.
Thriplow's innings ended on 142 all out, leaving them with two straight defeats in their opening fixtures.