Thrilling win for Colts
A SUPERB Jordan Campbell strike helped Royston Town Colts win the first under 10 Herts County Cup Final, with a thrilling 3-2 win over Hemel Hempstead Youth at Letchworth s County Ground. They got off to a flier when captain Matthew Stout and Reece King
A SUPERB Jordan Campbell strike helped Royston Town Colts win the first under 10 Herts County Cup Final, with a thrilling 3-2 win over Hemel Hempstead Youth at Letchworth's County Ground.
They got off to a flier when captain Matthew Stout and Reece King combined to find Jake Long unmarked in the box for the opener.
In a closely fought match, King also got his name on the scoresheet when he met a well-worked right wing cross before half time.
With Royston keeper Corey Anderson in fine form at one end, it was left to Campbell to hit a sweet strike to seal the win.
You may also want to watch:
Royston manager, John Campbell said: "This was a fantastic result and the boys made me proud.
"To get this far has been unbelievable, and to be the first under-10 club to win the cup is a great honour."
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 10 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
Squad: Richard Jonas, Jordan Campbell, Matthew Stout, Corey Anderson, Jack Jeffris, Jake Long, Reece King, Stephen Thake.