Thrilling win for Colts
A SUPERB Jordan Campbell strike helped Royston Town Colts win the first under 10 Herts County Cup Final, with a thrilling 3-2 win over Hemel Hempstead Youth at Letchworth s County Ground. They got off to a flier when captain Matthew Stout and Reece King
A SUPERB Jordan Campbell strike helped Royston Town Colts win the first under 10 Herts County Cup Final, with a thrilling 3-2 win over Hemel Hempstead Youth at Letchworth's County Ground.
They got off to a flier when captain Matthew Stout and Reece King combined to find Jake Long unmarked in the box for the opener.
In a closely fought match, King also got his name on the scoresheet when he met a well-worked right wing cross before half time.
With Royston keeper Corey Anderson in fine form at one end, it was left to Campbell to hit a sweet strike to seal the win.
Royston manager, John Campbell said: "This was a fantastic result and the boys made me proud.
"To get this far has been unbelievable, and to be the first under-10 club to win the cup is a great honour."
- 1 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 2 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 3 Melbourn's Dan Goodfellow hails 'extra-special' Commonwealth gold
- 4 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 5 'Flood the internet' to save waterways in South Cambs
- 6 Men's health champion receives funding boost from Ashwell Masonic Lodge
- 7 Meet Hertfordshire's Birmingham 2022 medal winners
- 8 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 9 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 10 Judoka Emma Reid from Royston wins Birmingham 2022 gold
Squad: Richard Jonas, Jordan Campbell, Matthew Stout, Corey Anderson, Jack Jeffris, Jake Long, Reece King, Stephen Thake.