Thrilling win for Colts
A SUPERB Jordan Campbell strike helped Royston Town Colts win the first under 10 Herts County Cup Final, with a thrilling 3-2 win over Hemel Hempstead Youth at Letchworth s County Ground. They got off to a flier when captain Matthew Stout and Reece King
A SUPERB Jordan Campbell strike helped Royston Town Colts win the first under 10 Herts County Cup Final, with a thrilling 3-2 win over Hemel Hempstead Youth at Letchworth's County Ground.
They got off to a flier when captain Matthew Stout and Reece King combined to find Jake Long unmarked in the box for the opener.
In a closely fought match, King also got his name on the scoresheet when he met a well-worked right wing cross before half time.
With Royston keeper Corey Anderson in fine form at one end, it was left to Campbell to hit a sweet strike to seal the win.
You may also want to watch:
Royston manager, John Campbell said: "This was a fantastic result and the boys made me proud.
"To get this far has been unbelievable, and to be the first under-10 club to win the cup is a great honour."
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 5 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
Squad: Richard Jonas, Jordan Campbell, Matthew Stout, Corey Anderson, Jack Jeffris, Jake Long, Reece King, Stephen Thake.