Thrilling win for Colts
A SUPERB Jordan Campbell strike helped Royston Town Colts win the first under 10 Herts County Cup Final, with a thrilling 3-2 win over Hemel Hempstead Youth at Letchworth s County Ground. They got off to a flier when captain Matthew Stout and Reece King
A SUPERB Jordan Campbell strike helped Royston Town Colts win the first under 10 Herts County Cup Final, with a thrilling 3-2 win over Hemel Hempstead Youth at Letchworth's County Ground.
They got off to a flier when captain Matthew Stout and Reece King combined to find Jake Long unmarked in the box for the opener.
In a closely fought match, King also got his name on the scoresheet when he met a well-worked right wing cross before half time.
With Royston keeper Corey Anderson in fine form at one end, it was left to Campbell to hit a sweet strike to seal the win.
Royston manager, John Campbell said: "This was a fantastic result and the boys made me proud.
"To get this far has been unbelievable, and to be the first under-10 club to win the cup is a great honour."
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 3 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 6 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 7 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 8 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 9 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 10 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
Squad: Richard Jonas, Jordan Campbell, Matthew Stout, Corey Anderson, Jack Jeffris, Jake Long, Reece King, Stephen Thake.