Three wins out of three for Melbourn Squash Club
- Credit: Archant
Melbourn Squash Club’s first team put a poor recent run behind them by comprehensively beating Stamford 20-3 in Cambs League Division One.
The first two matches were tight as Aidan Hird battled to a 3-2 win in a see-saw match and Mark Oppen recovered from losing his opening game to win 3-1. From that point on it was one-way traffic as Dan Easton, Joe Weavers and Matt Sampson all won 3-0.
Kate Bradshaw had a busy Monday as she featured, and won, for both the ladies’ first team and the mixed 2nds.
First, she travelled to Huntingdon to record a 3-2 win in the ladies’ top string match, then, having rushed back to Melbourn, she took on Crown Lodge 2nds strongest player and beat him 3-1.
Bradshaw’s female team-mates followed up the advantage she had given them to record a 16-9 victory over Hunts County 2nds, only the second defeat Hunts have suffered this season.
You may also want to watch:
Melbourn 2nds rounded off a good week for the club as they won 18-7.
Ian Blows, Matt Walker, Jan Brynjolffsen and the flourishing Bradshaw secured the victory.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 9 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 10 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall