Three out of three for Royston youngsters
ROYSTON Colts under-12s made it three wins from three with another sparkling performance to beat Cambridge Granta by four wickets. The pattern of the win was similar to the last two victories with the opposition batting first and being bowled out for 90
ROYSTON Colts under-12s made it three wins from three with another sparkling performance to beat Cambridge Granta by four wickets.
The pattern of the win was similar to the last two victories with the opposition batting first and being bowled out for 90 on the penultimate ball of the innings.
Max McClean and Ollie Racher were the pick of the Royston bowlers, but with another good team effort on the field they also produced three well-worked run outs.
Bonham Harper (19) and Paul Leary (30 not out) once again set up the victory putting on 52 for the first wicket.
You may also want to watch:
Despite some good bowling from Granta's Turner (3-12) and some middle order nerves from the Royston batsmen, the winning runs were cemented in the last over.
Meanwhile, the under-11s continued their winning form with a convincing league victory over Hardwick.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
The normal accurate and consistent bowling was complemented by a solid batting display, with Ryan Headington, Fergus England, and Ben Seabrook top scoring.