Three goals without reply sees the Wanderers win against Bishop's
Wymondley Park Wanderers 3 BSCFC Park 0 Under-15s Division Two WITH both teams going into this game unbeaten the weekend clash between Wymondley and Bishop s Stortford had all the makings of a table topping clash. But with the Wanderers finishing third la
Wymondley Park Wanderers 3 BSCFC Park 0
Under-15s Division Two
WITH both teams going into this game unbeaten the weekend clash between Wymondley and Bishop's Stortford had all the makings of a table topping clash.
But with the Wanderers finishing third last season and Stortford 10th, there was a suspicion that the current table was lying and so it proved.
You may also want to watch:
On the tiny junior pitch, there was absolutely no width for Stortford's pacey wingers and with the width nullified they attempted to go over the top of the Wanderers' defence.
Wanderers' nigh on six foot tall captain nullified any attempt at going over the top - if the ball was hit over him it was straight into the arms of the 'keeper - and the final nail in the coffin for Park was the injury to their keeper who, after a full on challenge and an awkward fall, saw him attempting to continue with a twisted ankle.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
Five minutes before the end of the first half if became apparent that this would not be possible and Park had to move one of their central midfielders to take up the position between the sticks.
From this point onwards the writing was on the wall.
Despite Park attempting to start the second half in an attacking fashion a break down Wanderers' right saw them skip through several Park tackles and finish neatly for a 1-0 lead.
A second break in a similar manner and they were soon 2-0 up.
Park created several opportunities to get back in the game with a blast over the bar from three yards being the best, but a quite brilliant strike from the right gave Wanderers the comfort of a three goal lead.
To Park's credit, they kept going and continued to trouble the Wanderers defence and the physical nature of Wanderers' play was finally yielding some free-kicks.
As it was, Park did not utilise these set pieces well enough and came away from the game without any goals or any points.