Three debutantes are making waves
THREE debutantes impressed as Royston swimming club opened their summer league season on Saturday in the Hertfordshire Peanuts Under-13 League. Madison Lambly, Ailish Peterson and Alice Hildrop all claimed victories in the first rounds of Division Three
THREE debutantes impressed as Royston swimming club opened their summer league season on Saturday in the Hertfordshire Peanuts Under-13 League.
Madison Lambly, Ailish Peterson and Alice Hildrop all claimed victories in the first rounds of Division Three which were held at Hemel Hempstead.
Alex Snowden added a fourth win for Royston, helping the club finish fourth over all at the meeting.
An under-strength Buntingford team finished sixth and last in their opening Division Two round of the League at Potters Bar.
You may also want to watch:
Coaches said the squad which only secured one victory, was "decimated" as many of the clubs leading swimmers were unavailable.
On Saturday Buntingford swimmers Christina Branch and Jessica Earp came 13th and 14th in their age group at the British Modern Biathlon Championships in Manchester on Saturday.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
The teenagers had reached the final after impressive performances in a qualifying round.
It was the first time Buntingford swimmers had ever competed at the event.