Three debutantes are making waves
THREE debutantes impressed as Royston swimming club opened their summer league season on Saturday in the Hertfordshire Peanuts Under-13 League. Madison Lambly, Ailish Peterson and Alice Hildrop all claimed victories in the first rounds of Division Three
THREE debutantes impressed as Royston swimming club opened their summer league season on Saturday in the Hertfordshire Peanuts Under-13 League.
Madison Lambly, Ailish Peterson and Alice Hildrop all claimed victories in the first rounds of Division Three which were held at Hemel Hempstead.
Alex Snowden added a fourth win for Royston, helping the club finish fourth over all at the meeting.
An under-strength Buntingford team finished sixth and last in their opening Division Two round of the League at Potters Bar.
You may also want to watch:
Coaches said the squad which only secured one victory, was "decimated" as many of the clubs leading swimmers were unavailable.
On Saturday Buntingford swimmers Christina Branch and Jessica Earp came 13th and 14th in their age group at the British Modern Biathlon Championships in Manchester on Saturday.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 10 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
The teenagers had reached the final after impressive performances in a qualifying round.
It was the first time Buntingford swimmers had ever competed at the event.