Three and easy for Manuden
Manuden U-14 3 Letchworth GCE Blues 0 NEWLY-promoted Manuden started the season in style with a 3-0 victory, on Sunday. Central defender Max Buch opened the scoring in the 10th minute with fiercly hit shot. Letchworth fought their way back into the game
Manuden U-14 3
Letchworth GCE Blues 0
NEWLY-promoted Manuden started the season in style with a 3-0 victory, on Sunday.
Central defender Max Buch opened the scoring in the 10th minute with fiercly hit shot.
You may also want to watch:
Letchworth fought their way back into the game, but found Manuden keeper Paul Wavell in top form.
The second half started with Manuden being awarded a penalty, which was taken by last season's leading scoring Riley Frost, who tucked the ball home to double the hosts' lead.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
Letchworth still battled on, but they failed to make the breakthrough, and left winger Henry Simmons wrapped things up when he volleyed home from a corner.
Manuden's under-10 team counld not match their older club-mates as they lost by the odd goal in nine at Bassingbourn.