Third straight defeat for Royston
- Credit: Getty Images
Royston’s poor Junior League 1 South campaign continued with a one wicket home defeat to Eversden on Saturday.
Batting first, looking to avoid a third straight defeat, no.4 Paul Miller was the hosts’ shining light despite only making 40 runs.
Miller was not given any help by the middle order as Martin Leary, skipper Paul Harris and Rory Harper all failed to score a run.
Matt Gillham (27) and Rohan Shetge (36) slightly propped up the innings with their late stands as they tabled 189 all out.
While Royston’s openers were skittled quickly, the visitors’ opening pair of Jason Ward (16) and captain Sam Sabey (80) got Eversden off to a good start.
You may also want to watch:
At 154-4, the away side were in cruise control but with the loss of Thomas Leader (0) and D Hinton (1), they were struggling to get over the line.
The tail finally got Eversden over the line for maximum points and more misery for the Crows.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?