Third straight defeat for Royston
- Credit: Getty Images
Royston’s poor Junior League 1 South campaign continued with a one wicket home defeat to Eversden on Saturday.
Batting first, looking to avoid a third straight defeat, no.4 Paul Miller was the hosts’ shining light despite only making 40 runs.
Miller was not given any help by the middle order as Martin Leary, skipper Paul Harris and Rory Harper all failed to score a run.
Matt Gillham (27) and Rohan Shetge (36) slightly propped up the innings with their late stands as they tabled 189 all out.
While Royston’s openers were skittled quickly, the visitors’ opening pair of Jason Ward (16) and captain Sam Sabey (80) got Eversden off to a good start.
You may also want to watch:
At 154-4, the away side were in cruise control but with the loss of Thomas Leader (0) and D Hinton (1), they were struggling to get over the line.
The tail finally got Eversden over the line for maximum points and more misery for the Crows.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 10 Winter wonderland coming to Cambridge as The North Pole ice rink returns