Third straight defeat for Royston
- Credit: Getty Images
Royston’s poor Junior League 1 South campaign continued with a one wicket home defeat to Eversden on Saturday.
Batting first, looking to avoid a third straight defeat, no.4 Paul Miller was the hosts’ shining light despite only making 40 runs.
Miller was not given any help by the middle order as Martin Leary, skipper Paul Harris and Rory Harper all failed to score a run.
Matt Gillham (27) and Rohan Shetge (36) slightly propped up the innings with their late stands as they tabled 189 all out.
While Royston’s openers were skittled quickly, the visitors’ opening pair of Jason Ward (16) and captain Sam Sabey (80) got Eversden off to a good start.
At 154-4, the away side were in cruise control but with the loss of Thomas Leader (0) and D Hinton (1), they were struggling to get over the line.
The tail finally got Eversden over the line for maximum points and more misery for the Crows.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 5 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 6 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 7 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?