Things not so Edey peasy for Great Chishill
Great Chishill 3 Papworth 4 A GARETH Edey hat-trick was not enough for Chishill as their defensive frailties were once again their downfall against Papworth. The hosts started strong and deservedly took the lead after 10 minutes when Edey punished a mista
Great Chishill 3 Papworth 4
A GARETH Edey hat-trick was not enough for Chishill as their defensive frailties were once again their downfall against Papworth.
The hosts started strong and deservedly took the lead after 10 minutes when Edey punished a mistake by the Papworth 'keeper and rolled the ball home.
Papworth responded well and turned the game around with two quick goals with well struck shots from just inside the area, and 2-1 soon became 3-1 with a glancing header from a long ball into the box.
You may also want to watch:
Edey punished another defensive mistake to pull a goal back before half time to keep his side in the hunt.
The next goal was always going to be crucial and disappointingly for Chishill it was the visitors who got it with a 25 yard volley 15 minutes into the second half.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
Chishill saved their best football until the last 20 minutes when they created some good chances when Peter Jackson had a lob desperately clawed away by the 'keeper, while substitute Luke Tyler saw his effort blocked on the line by a defender.
A consolation did come eventually with Edey's third goal but it was too little, too late for Chishill.
Chishill: R Drury, Gardiner, Bennett, Saward, Bramwell, Jackson, E Drury, Smith, J Drury, Edey, Radford. Subs: Hodge, Tyler.