Therfield win at Bragbury
THERFIELD enjoyed a convincing 126-run victory over Bragbury End after an excellent 82 not-out from Simon Bradfield. Therfield were put in to bat after losing the toss, and the early signs pointed towards a bad day at the office as they limped to 55-5. Ho
THERFIELD enjoyed a convincing 126-run victory over Bragbury End after an excellent 82 not-out from Simon Bradfield.
Therfield were put in to bat after losing the toss, and the early signs pointed towards a bad day at the office as they limped to 55-5.
However, John Harper changed his team's fortunes when he steadied the ship with 26.
Their lower order showed great resilience to keep the runs ticking over and the final pair of Bradfield and Chris Ward put on 62 to take Therfield's total to 187 from 35 overs.
Bragbury showed their intent at the crease with some decent shots which put the Therfield bowlers under pressure.
However, R Turner produced some excellent deliveries to finish with figures of 3-16 from eight overs.
- 1 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 8 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
Bragbury had no answer to Therfield's bowlers and Chris Ward took the final three wickets in the last two overs to finish with 3-2, and seal a resounding victory.