Therfield win at Bragbury
THERFIELD enjoyed a convincing 126-run victory over Bragbury End after an excellent 82 not-out from Simon Bradfield. Therfield were put in to bat after losing the toss, and the early signs pointed towards a bad day at the office as they limped to 55-5. Ho
THERFIELD enjoyed a convincing 126-run victory over Bragbury End after an excellent 82 not-out from Simon Bradfield.
Therfield were put in to bat after losing the toss, and the early signs pointed towards a bad day at the office as they limped to 55-5.
However, John Harper changed his team's fortunes when he steadied the ship with 26.
Their lower order showed great resilience to keep the runs ticking over and the final pair of Bradfield and Chris Ward put on 62 to take Therfield's total to 187 from 35 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Bragbury showed their intent at the crease with some decent shots which put the Therfield bowlers under pressure.
However, R Turner produced some excellent deliveries to finish with figures of 3-16 from eight overs.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
Bragbury had no answer to Therfield's bowlers and Chris Ward took the final three wickets in the last two overs to finish with 3-2, and seal a resounding victory.