Therfield get off to flyer
THERFIELD Cricket Club won their first match of the season against Weston in the North Herts Cricket League Division Two on Sunday. Weston won the toss and opted to bat, but they instantly found the Therfield attack too hot to handle as wickets were taken
THERFIELD Cricket Club won their first match of the season against Weston in the North Herts Cricket League Division Two on Sunday.
Weston won the toss and opted to bat, but they instantly found the Therfield attack too hot to handle as wickets were taken at regular intervals from the off.
Andy Morris, Martin Leary and Oliver Ritcher were in impressive form with the ball and Weston were all-out for just 90 runs in 33 of the allotted 40-over innings.
Although Therfield were confident of winning the match comfortably, they couldn't afford to hang around as rain was on its way.
You may also want to watch:
Batsmen Chris Viner, Paul Harris and John King quickly chased down the target with some good hitting and, as the rain started to come down, a five-wicket victory was assured for the home team after only 16 overs with a finish of 92-5.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims