Therfield beat Bragbury End
Therfield 187 Bragbury End 61 all-out
THERFIELD enjoyed a convincing 126-run victory over Bragbury End after an excellent 82 not-out from Simon Bradfield.
Therfield were put in to bat after losing the toss, and the early signs pointed towards a bad day at the office as they limped to 55-5.
However, John Harper changed his team’s fortunes when he steadied the ship with 26.
Their lower order showed great resilience to keep the runs ticking over and the final pair of Bradfield and Chris Ward put on 62 to take Therfield’s total to 187 from 35 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Bragbury showed their intent at the crease with some decent shots which put the Therfield bowlers under pressure.
However, R Turner produced some excellent deliveries to finish with figures of 3-16 from eight overs.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
Bragbury had no answer to Therfield’s bowlers and Chris Ward took the final three wickets in the last two overs to finish with 3-2, and seal a resounding victory.