Therfield beat Bragbury End
Therfield 187 Bragbury End 61 all-out
THERFIELD enjoyed a convincing 126-run victory over Bragbury End after an excellent 82 not-out from Simon Bradfield.
Therfield were put in to bat after losing the toss, and the early signs pointed towards a bad day at the office as they limped to 55-5.
However, John Harper changed his team’s fortunes when he steadied the ship with 26.
Their lower order showed great resilience to keep the runs ticking over and the final pair of Bradfield and Chris Ward put on 62 to take Therfield’s total to 187 from 35 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Bragbury showed their intent at the crease with some decent shots which put the Therfield bowlers under pressure.
However, R Turner produced some excellent deliveries to finish with figures of 3-16 from eight overs.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 10 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
Bragbury had no answer to Therfield’s bowlers and Chris Ward took the final three wickets in the last two overs to finish with 3-2, and seal a resounding victory.