Therfield beat Bragbury End
Therfield 187 Bragbury End 61 all-out
THERFIELD enjoyed a convincing 126-run victory over Bragbury End after an excellent 82 not-out from Simon Bradfield.
Therfield were put in to bat after losing the toss, and the early signs pointed towards a bad day at the office as they limped to 55-5.
However, John Harper changed his team’s fortunes when he steadied the ship with 26.
Their lower order showed great resilience to keep the runs ticking over and the final pair of Bradfield and Chris Ward put on 62 to take Therfield’s total to 187 from 35 overs.
Bragbury showed their intent at the crease with some decent shots which put the Therfield bowlers under pressure.
However, R Turner produced some excellent deliveries to finish with figures of 3-16 from eight overs.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 7 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 10 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
Bragbury had no answer to Therfield’s bowlers and Chris Ward took the final three wickets in the last two overs to finish with 3-2, and seal a resounding victory.