The Price is right as Bassingbourn go joint second
- Credit: Archant
Danny Price struck a brace as Bassingbourn beat rivals Foxton Reserves 2-0 to go joint second with Eaton Socon in the Cambridgeshire Newmarket Company 3A League.
With wind and rain prominent again, the keepers had a tough time but made some good saves to keep the game goalless at the break.
Bass had sustained injuries in the first half leaving manager Geoff Mills to ring the changes at half-time.
On the hour, the visitors finally found a way through via the boot of Price.
This kickstarted Bass into life and with keeper Chris O’Conner looking solid in goal behind a tight-knit defence, consisting of the Plumb brothers and youth player Evan Goldman, it was only a matter of time until Bass increased their lead.
You may also want to watch:
With a few minutes left on the clock it was Price who converted his second goal latching on to a clever reverse pass from Adam Slater to seal the three points.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes