The Price is right as Bassingbourn go joint second
- Credit: Archant
Danny Price struck a brace as Bassingbourn beat rivals Foxton Reserves 2-0 to go joint second with Eaton Socon in the Cambridgeshire Newmarket Company 3A League.
With wind and rain prominent again, the keepers had a tough time but made some good saves to keep the game goalless at the break.
Bass had sustained injuries in the first half leaving manager Geoff Mills to ring the changes at half-time.
On the hour, the visitors finally found a way through via the boot of Price.
This kickstarted Bass into life and with keeper Chris O’Conner looking solid in goal behind a tight-knit defence, consisting of the Plumb brothers and youth player Evan Goldman, it was only a matter of time until Bass increased their lead.
You may also want to watch:
With a few minutes left on the clock it was Price who converted his second goal latching on to a clever reverse pass from Adam Slater to seal the three points.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 7 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 8 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 9 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 10 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM