The pain goes on for Royston
NHTTA League fixtures provided little improvement in the performances of the Royston teams, last week. The only success was achieved by the D team in Division Three where two singles each from Fred Bendall and Barry Sharp, one from teenager Nathan Hutchin
NHTTA League fixtures provided little improvement in the performances of the Royston teams, last week.
The only success was achieved by the D team in Division Three where two singles each from Fred Bendall and Barry Sharp, one from teenager Nathan Hutchings plus a Bendall/Hutchings doubles success game then a 6-4 victory at LABB B.
In Division Two the C team managed a 5-5 draw against LABB A after being 5-1 down thanks to a gutsy performance from Derek Clark who won all his three singles supported by one apiece from Abigail Moore and Andy Teemal.
The B team suffered a narrow 6-4 defeat against Broadway B in Division One with Rob Vassells winning two singles and the doubles partnered by Gordon Barnes, Haydn Gowan added the other point.
You may also want to watch:
And in the Premier Division a single each from Dave Bridger and Alf Mills was all the A team could manage as they lost 8-2 to Settlement Skylarks.
- 1 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks