The pain goes on for Royston
NHTTA League fixtures provided little improvement in the performances of the Royston teams, last week. The only success was achieved by the D team in Division Three where two singles each from Fred Bendall and Barry Sharp, one from teenager Nathan Hutchin
NHTTA League fixtures provided little improvement in the performances of the Royston teams, last week.
The only success was achieved by the D team in Division Three where two singles each from Fred Bendall and Barry Sharp, one from teenager Nathan Hutchings plus a Bendall/Hutchings doubles success game then a 6-4 victory at LABB B.
In Division Two the C team managed a 5-5 draw against LABB A after being 5-1 down thanks to a gutsy performance from Derek Clark who won all his three singles supported by one apiece from Abigail Moore and Andy Teemal.
The B team suffered a narrow 6-4 defeat against Broadway B in Division One with Rob Vassells winning two singles and the doubles partnered by Gordon Barnes, Haydn Gowan added the other point.
You may also want to watch:
And in the Premier Division a single each from Dave Bridger and Alf Mills was all the A team could manage as they lost 8-2 to Settlement Skylarks.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event