'The Entertainers' are at it again
Fulbourn S&S Club 3 Great Chishill 3 FOR the second time in two weeks Great Chishill were involved in a high scoring draw on their travels in BIS Division 2A. A fortnight has gone by since Chishill travelled to Great Shelford Reserves and came away sharin
Fulbourn S&S Club 3 Great Chishill 3
FOR the second time in two weeks Great Chishill were involved in a high scoring draw on their travels in BIS Division 2A.
A fortnight has gone by since Chishill travelled to Great Shelford Reserves and came away sharing the points of a 4-4 extravaganza, and on Saturday they were involved in a six goal thriller at Fulbourn.
Sandwiched between draws was a 4-3 loss to Papworth and on the conclusion of 21 goals in just three games Chishill can quite rightly carry the title of 'The Entertainers' in the Cambs FA leagues.
However, they are conceding too often and the visitors' defensive problems were on show again as Fulbourn's striker broke through to score inside five minutes.
Chishill worked their way back into the game and crafted a well worked equaliser when Gary Radford crossed low from the right for Jonathan Drury to slide the ball home at the near post.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 4 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 5 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 8 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
The two teams cancelled each other out for the rest of the half, although Jonathan Hodge went closest for Chishill as he tested the 'keeper with a 30-yard strike
Chishill started slowly in the second half but shocked the home side when they took the lead when Jonathan Hodge's deflected shot broke for Gareth Edey to slot home his 10th goal of the season.
Edey almost added a third moments later but his curling shot went just over the bar, and at the other end the defence was caught napping at a free kick as a close-range header levelled the scores again.
Fulbourn edged ahead with a well-taken volley but Chishill reacted well and hit back when Hodge lashed home a half volley from the edge of the box.
Both teams had chances to win the game but a draw was the fairest result.
Chishill: R Drury, Gardiner, Bennett, E Drury, Bramwell, Jackson, J Drury, J Hodge, Radford, Edey, T Hodge. Sub: Tyler.