'The Entertainers' are at it again
Fulbourn S&S Club 3 Great Chishill 3 FOR the second time in two weeks Great Chishill were involved in a high scoring draw on their travels in BIS Division 2A. A fortnight has gone by since Chishill travelled to Great Shelford Reserves and came away sharin
Fulbourn S&S Club 3 Great Chishill 3
FOR the second time in two weeks Great Chishill were involved in a high scoring draw on their travels in BIS Division 2A.
A fortnight has gone by since Chishill travelled to Great Shelford Reserves and came away sharing the points of a 4-4 extravaganza, and on Saturday they were involved in a six goal thriller at Fulbourn.
Sandwiched between draws was a 4-3 loss to Papworth and on the conclusion of 21 goals in just three games Chishill can quite rightly carry the title of 'The Entertainers' in the Cambs FA leagues.
You may also want to watch:
However, they are conceding too often and the visitors' defensive problems were on show again as Fulbourn's striker broke through to score inside five minutes.
Chishill worked their way back into the game and crafted a well worked equaliser when Gary Radford crossed low from the right for Jonathan Drury to slide the ball home at the near post.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
The two teams cancelled each other out for the rest of the half, although Jonathan Hodge went closest for Chishill as he tested the 'keeper with a 30-yard strike
Chishill started slowly in the second half but shocked the home side when they took the lead when Jonathan Hodge's deflected shot broke for Gareth Edey to slot home his 10th goal of the season.
Edey almost added a third moments later but his curling shot went just over the bar, and at the other end the defence was caught napping at a free kick as a close-range header levelled the scores again.
Fulbourn edged ahead with a well-taken volley but Chishill reacted well and hit back when Hodge lashed home a half volley from the edge of the box.
Both teams had chances to win the game but a draw was the fairest result.
Chishill: R Drury, Gardiner, Bennett, E Drury, Bramwell, Jackson, J Drury, J Hodge, Radford, Edey, T Hodge. Sub: Tyler.